Friday, August 30, 2013

Baby Shower for Parker

Event planning has always been a passion of mine!  I love figuring out decorations, menus, locations, etc.  It's so much fun creating an event that fits the personality of the person and that you know they'll enjoy.  I've had so many people tell me how stressful it is but I honestly thrive on it.  Deadlines, being out and about & shopping are all favorites of mine and event planning is the perfect combination of them all!!

This past Spring, my step-mom and aunt were planning a baby shower for my cousin.  They do not happen to find event planning as fun, entertaining and relaxing as I do.  As a matter of fact, they find it dreadful.  Once there is a plan in place they enjoy it but coming up with the ideas and working on the deadline doesn't do much for their fun scale, whereas it puts me on an 11 out of 10.  The week before they were truly struggling with decorations and centerpieces and recruited Miss Self-Named Party Planner to help.  The shower was for a baby boy and animal themed.  With limited time, I had to get creative and fast.

My first project was a jungle diaper cake.  It was my first one and I must say I was quite happy with how it turned out!



The diaper cake was placed on the gift table along with this poem from Baby Parker!


On the cake table, we used a registry book so that Parker would always have a record of who was at his shower as well as a book that was a special keepsake.  We used Giraffes Can't Dance and asked all the guests to sign the pages with a message for Parker.


Below are pictures of all the centerpieces as well as the shower.  I can't take all the credit though!  My aunt & step-mom were instrumental in helping to put them together, not to mention they made an amazing lunch for all the guests!  (They're not as bad at decorating as they think!! :) )  All in all it was a great day and everyone had a great time!


Yummy lunch :)












No comments:

Post a Comment