Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Wall

In 2006, I was chosen as a Governor's Scholar and participated in the Governor's Scholars Program at Morehead University that summer.  I knew going in that it would be fun to go and meet new people but I had no idea how much that summer would change my life.  I've blogged before about meeting my best friend Suzanne there.  Well, while at GSP, all of our friends would congregate each night in one spot by our dorms.

It was a short wall that we would sit on or sit by while we had dance parties, talked about anything you can think of, played games or just sat and listened to music.  I learned more about myself that summer on that wall than I can put into words and made some lifelong friends in the process.

Suzanne went to PA school at Morehead and I was able to go visit a few times.  On my last visit before she moved to do her rotations, we decided to do one last drive through campus.  Being my usual sentimental, sappy self it struck me that this could be the last time my best friend and I were in the very spot where we met and spent such a fun summer!  I decided this meant we needed a picture together to mark the moment.

So much has changed in our lives since that summer seven years ago but I will forever cherish the memories we all made that summer.  I am certain that my life would be so much different today if I hadn't met all of those special people :)



No comments:

Post a Comment