Wednesday, October 30, 2013

25 Days to 25: Day 2

25 Things to Accomplish During My Year of Being 25
1. Finish my MBA - I am on track to be finished in December so this one is kind of easy.  However, between the three exams and two projects I have left, survival is still up in the air.
2.  Pray more, worry less.



I am a self-admitted Type A, wants to control my life and always has a list person.  However, I am also a worrier.  I think I get this from my grandmother.  She was always worried about us.  Driving to school, on vacation, traveling abroad, during storms, etc.  I get called Maw Jr. by a lot of my family but I'm okay with that.  I realize that life is in God's hands and not mine and that worrying won't change anything...I hear it all the time.  Although I inherited my worrying mind from Maw, she also had an unbelievable faith and always encouraged us that the only person who could solve our problems is God so we might as well tell Him and let Him worry about the outcome for us.

I am not saying my worrying nature is going away.  It's just not going to happen.  However, a goal of mine for this next year is to remember that although I want to control my day-to-day life and know exactly what the future holds, that it's not my job and I don't know what tomorrow will bring.  I am learning to step back from thinking about what I want to do with my life and letting God show me what he wants me to do and turning my stress and worries to Him.  This is very difficult for me but I am going to try really hard to worry less and put my trust in Him that he will take care of my worries and show me the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment