Wednesday, November 6, 2013

25 Days to 25: Day 8

25 Things to Accomplish During My Year of Being 25
1. Finish my MBA 
2.  Pray more, worry less.
3. Take time to enjoy the little things.
4. Practice the power of no.
5. Give back.
6. Eat clean.
7. Travel to another foreign country.

8. Sleep.

Over the past few months I have really started to realize how lack of sleep affects my clarity, reaction time, focus, energy and appetite.  No longer can I run on all-nighters or a handful of hours of sleep each night.  I am a night owl by nature and currently am in the last few weeks of grad school.  These two combined are a bad combination for my sleep pattern.

I used to be able to run on little sleep and not feel like I was losing a step.  Now, I can definitely tell a difference on days I slept a good 7-8 hours and the 4 hour days (which sadly are the majority of the time).  Sleep is going to be a rare commodity until mid-December but I intend to really work on my sleep schedule this year.  I'm just going to have to learn to go to bed earlier and make myself get a full 7-8 hours each night.  Growing up isn't as fun as it sounded at 5 years old ; )  

No comments:

Post a Comment