Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Binders, Page Protectors and a Sore Back

I have been keeping all my files in a large file box with hanging dividers but had been thinking of a better way to keep things organized.  I wanted something easy where I could just grab my files and flip to what I need.  I decided to organize using color coded binders based on topic.   Office Depot was running a binder sale when I decided to work on this little project which I took as a sign to get started.  Letting me loose in an office supply store is comparable to a sugar addict seeing chocolate for the first time in a year.  Seriously.
Thankful for a wonderful boyfriend who indulges my office supplies addiction :)
 I know this seems a little type A and you're right.  I can't deny it.  However, this was an awesome choice.  I spent hours going through every piece of paper I had retained.  I threw away everything I could and then sorted the remainder into piles.  For each binder, I sorted the papers, labeled dividers and used page protectors.  At the end of the day I had an aching back but I absolutely love my new system and it has made it so much easier to put new paperwork directly in its place instead of letting it stack up to avoid messing with the file box. 


No comments:

Post a Comment