Sunday, February 23, 2014

Breakfast Wraps

I used to make breakfast wraps a lot during the work week but have gotten majorly out of the habit of making, much less eating breakfast.  In my effort to make more healthy food decisions this year, I decided I needed to start eating breakfast daily.  Something high in protein that tasted good but that would also give me the energy to make it through the first half of the work day.  My boyfriend's mom had been making wraps similar to what I was used to but using turkey sausage in them.  Before I had always just used eggs & onions/peppers.  Turkey sausage adds a lot of protein to this meal and is very lean.  Below is my recipe for my breakfast wraps. I love them!  They're super easy to make ahead of time and can even be eaten in the car on the way to work so there's no excuse for me missing breakfast anymore.
These are the eggs I use.  I grab white or brown eggs depending on what is on sale.

This is the turkey sausage I use (can be found in the freezer aisle at Kroger)


I love these wraps because of their high fiber content which helps keep me full.

9g of fiber in one tortilla!

I sprinkle a little cheese on my finished product.  Sometimes I add a little salsa after I warm it up but I try not to.  I love that I can make these at the beginning of the week, wrap them individually, and have an easy on-the-go breakfast.




No comments:

Post a Comment