Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Closet Organization

I have a lot of clothes.  There.  I admit it!  I have a lot of clothes and that requires serious strategic planning to fit everything in my closet while keeping it looking neat and having the ability to find what I'm looking for in there.  I have discovered a few things this year that I am incorporating into my spring cleaning that have been really useful!

1. Non-slip Hangers

I have been considering using these hangers for a while.  I just couldn't decide if they were worth it but I finally decided to splurge on a few to see if I liked them.  Umm the answer to that would be a definite yes!  Not only are these hangers good for any clothes that tend to easily fall off the hanger, they are also a space saver in my closet!  These hangers are extremely thin compared to the plastic hangers I normally use.  The amount of space my clothes took up greatly decreased using these.  As a result, I've basically converted my whole closet to these hangers and LOVE it!  I found a great deal on mine at T.J. Maxx and there's always a pretty good supply at our local store!  They can also be found here at the Container Store.



2. Swing Arm Pant Hangers

I own a lot of dress pants for my job.  Hanging these individually takes up a lot of room!  I had been thinking of buying one of these hangers for a while and decided to purchase two and give them a try!  They are quite the space saver and it's easier than I expected to get to each pair.  I purchased mine at T.J. Maxx when I bought my non-slip hangers but you can find them here at the Container Store (they're on SALE).


3. Tiered Skirt Hanger

Similar to the pant hanger above except for skirts.  I purchased mine at T.J. Maxx but they are currently on a great sale here at the Container Store.  


4. Day of the week tags

One of the longest processes in getting ready each day for work for me is deciding what to wear.  I found these handy tags online so that I can pick out outfits at the beginning of the week and go ahead and have them hanging and ready to go before the week starts.  This really helps as a time saver in the mornings!  That's not to say that I don't sometimes make a last minute change because I want to wear something else.  However, it is nice to have options pre-selected to save time when I can't decide.  I found these just by using Google. There are lots of DIY sites with other design/color options.



I am in the process of sorting through my closet to get rid of things and using these organization tools to get it in order! Stay tuned for pictures of the finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment