Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Talk Derby to Me

Derby weekend!! Although we were super busy with wedding stuff and didn't really get to celebrate the Derby, I wanted to do something to celebrate. I decided to make a derby pie for the occasion! It had been probably close to 10 years since I had made one but luckily it turned out really well!

My Recipe:

1 C sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 C chopped pecans
1 stick melted butter
1 C unsifted flour
6 oz. chocolate chips
1 frozen pie pan

Mix all of the above together and bake at 350 for 1 hour.  I think it's best warm and vanilla ice cream served with it is delicious!! 

                                                                             Before

                                                                  Finished product : )

No comments:

Post a Comment