Thursday, March 26, 2015

Beef Lo Mein

I love to cook but there are some days I just need an easy meal for dinner so I can do the other 5,000 things on my list.  I love sharing my more involved recipes with you all but I think it's important to share the easiest meal ideas as well. 

This meal doesn't get any easier.  The other night Jared was working and I wanted to make something for dinner but didn't want to spend a whole lot of time on it!  We had a P.F. Chang's Beef and Broccoli meal in the freezer that I wanted to use up.  Confession: I'm a carb girl and I'm cutting down on eating carbs on my diet but sometimes this girl needs some pasta.  I love lo mein and decided to make my own homemade version using the P.F. Chang's meal.  I cooked the beef & broccoli according to package directions and at the same time boiled the noodles.  Normally, I would have just used fettucini noodles but I had some spaghetti that needed to be used up as well so I just said what the heck and prepared a mixture of the two!
  
A few minutes before the beef & broccoli were done, I added the noodles to the skillet and added some soy sauce and teriyaki sauce to taste.  I let all of this saute together for about 5 minutes and then it was ready to eat!

Quick, easy, not fancy at all.  But very yummy!  Some nights I'm all for going all out on cooking but sometimes you just need a few things to throw together for a quick & easy meal.


I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kmann
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment