Thursday, March 19, 2015

Daily Schedule

Last week, I talked about our cleaning schedule here & that routines were currently one my favorite things in my Friday Favorites found here!  I am not crazy enough to think that we can always follow routines or schedules but I also believe that if you don't set a goal you'll never meet it.  So I think of these as more "goals" for the day, week, etc that I try to meet.  I decided to create a daily schedule for myself to just keep me on task throughout the day and am sharing that with you all today!


I have found my cleaning schedule harder to follow but this daily schedule has really helped me! 

Getting a lot of the necessary daily stuff (checkbook, bills,etc) out of the way first thing in the morning really helps me to be prepared for the day.  It might seem silly to lay out my pj's at lunch but it's a visual reminder to me when I get home to get all my stuff done & hop in those babies as fast as possible!  I can never get in fully relaxed mode until I'm in my pj's :)

Packing my food & work bag for the next day, as well as at least thinking about what I'm going to wear (laying it out is even better but doesn't always happen), really saves me time & a lot of stress in the mornings when I'm trying to get out the door!  I can go to bed not worrying about a long list in the morning and it frees up more am time that I can use to watch a show (I always save my fave reality shows for the mornings since I can just listen to it while I get ready), read a little or even take some time to relax!

Like I said, I don't follow this schedule every day.  Some days are so crazy right now that I'm glad I remember to take my house shoes off and throw on heels & flats before I head out the door.  (no joke: totally attempted to leave the house the other day all dressed up for work with houseshoes on.  Hand to face :/  Thankfully I noticed before getting in the car!)

Schedules aren't perfect and neither am I, but having this daily schedule & my cleaning schedule posted right in front of my face when I'm sitting in my home office reminds me of my goals for the day and keeps me on task!

What about you?  Do you keep a daily schedule?  Any little things you do throughout the day that just make life easier?  Feel free to share, I'm always up for ideas!

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kmann
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. I love having a daily schedule! Each week I make a weekly schedule for the whole week then specific day to do's.. it's the best!!

    ReplyDelete