Thursday, March 5, 2015

Garlic Lemon Brown Rice Skillet

If you need a quick, easy & healthy dinner idea this is it!  I am working on losing some weight (see my March monthly goals here) and have been working on coming up with more health conscious meals. 

Ingredients
Brown rice
Chicken
Broccoli
Onion
Lemon Juice
Garlic Powder

To cook, dice chicken (I used 4 thawed chicken tenderloins)and saute in olive oil with garlic powder and lemon juice.  After a few minutes of cooking the chicken, add some diced onion. I buy the bag of frozen chopped onions at Kroger (only $1 most of the time).  I just grabbed a handful and sautéed them along with the chicken.  While chicken is cooking, steam broccoli (We buy the bags that you can throw in the microwave and steam in 5 minutes) and prepare brown rice according to package directions (I prepared 4 servings).  Once chicken is browned, add broccoli and additional lemon juice and garlic seasoning.  Saute for a few minutes until rice is ready.  Mix in rice and cook all ingredients for 5 minutes.  Tada! Dinner is served :)  Seriously, easiest dinner & super yummy!  If you like soy sauce or lemon juice, adding a little to your bowl when eating it is really tasty too!



I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kmann
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment