Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Our Wedding: Getting Ready

So, let's start by filling you in on the rest of our rehearsal night!  After dinner, we went over plans for the next day and then everyone departed except me and my bridesmaids!  We all stayed to have a slumber party at the plantation and it was so nice, especially once my MOH arrived! 
We hung out, talked, did a few last minute things and then most of us went to bed.  My poor MOH and I however stayed awake for quite a while.  I had to finish some of our place cards & was just too nervous to sleep!  Thankfully Haley is super patient and was so helpful!  Once we finally crawled into bed, I slept like a baby until my very early wake up call :/  Surprisingly, I woke up totally calm, I just knew it was going to be a perfect day!
We all went downstairs for a southern breakfast while waiting for our hair & makeup ladies to arrive.  Once they did, the day took off! 

This might be one of my favorite pictures.  Ever.  Makes me laugh every time!

Gift baskets for the wedding party

More to come on the gifts we chose for our attendants in a later post.


Finishing up my letter to Jared :)

My Granny is so pretty!



All smiles!  I was so relaxed all morning.  I was unbelievably calm (normally I'm a high stress worrier but just didn't feel that way on our wedding day!). 

We had to completely redo our seating chart which you would think would put the bride into a panic but nope!  It was what it was at that point.  Many thanks to Katlin who helped me get it reorganized and straightened out during hair & makeup!  Stuff will go wrong on your wedding day, without a doubt!  It's so important to just go with it and continue to enjoy your day.

Reading letters from my bridal party & Jared.  Glad we did this before makeup because I was a mess!  After this, I had a private moment with my dad & stepmom and I was a wreck for that too!

Makeup time!








Love these photos of me & my girls!





Can't believe it's finally time to put it on!






Love this picture! 



I love this picture.  I think it perfectly captures my happy & relaxed mood at this point of the day.

It was an unbelievable feeling putting my dress on and knowing that this time it wasn't for a fitting or to check the fit but because I was a few hours away from walking down the aisle to marry the love of my life.  I'm tearing up just thinking about it now!  Such a special moment of realization!

My first look with my Granny!



Bridesmaids first look!




We all got a little emotional!

Best friends since Kindergarten :)






See my other wedding posts here:

The Dress

The winner of my Kate Spade stud earring giveaway is:
Bailey Hopper Kirkland

Linking up here today.

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kmann
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!! 


16 comments:

  1. All of these photos are so special!! It is so sweet that the bridesmaids wrote you notes to read while you are getting ready. I wasn't planning on a first look with my bridesmaids, but I think I will have to do one now :)

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was super sweet & made me very emotional :) Such a nice way to start the day!

      Definitely do it! It was a fun & special moment!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! I absolutely love your hair and makeup!
    Joining from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We had some very talented ladies working on us!

      Delete
  3. Soo pretty!! Getting ready photos are some of my absolute favorites!! I love the robes you got for your girls, and your makeup was so pretty!! Thanks for linking up with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! It was such a fun part of our wedding day and love having it captured in such sweet photos!

      Delete
  4. So pretty! Love the color on your toes! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was able to have them painted a fun color for our honeymoon since you couldn't see them under my dress :)

      Delete
  5. You made a beautiful bride!! What a beautiful time in your life!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! It was such a perfect day :)

      Delete
  6. These are GREAT photos!! I didn't get nearly enough during the getting ready phase!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! It was such a fun & special morning!

      Delete
  7. You were such a gorgeous bride! I totally thought I would be a nervous wreck on my day, but I wasn't. I was so calm all day long. I think every fiber of my being knew it was right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your makeup looks SO good! Can't wait to see the rest of your wedding =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! One of my friends from high school did it, she's so talented!

      Delete