Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Our Home: Living Room Renovation

When we were looking at our house, we knew that the living room probably needed the most work but we also knew that it is where we'd be spending a lot of our time and that the work would be worth it!

Here are some before pictures! Considering we had a modern and tranquil color theme planned for our house, this room had a lot of changes to go through! 








First the beams came off the ceiling!

Then we had the wood burning stove pulled out & all the shelving taken out. 

I whitewashed the fireplace! One of my favorite DIY projects.

We had cabinets added for storage!


We added some shelving back in! 




Painted the room blue & added white crown molding (it was brown before) and added some pretty curtains! 

Looking so much better already! We taped the TV off to measure for the mantle. 

We had recessed lighting added to the ceiling & it made such a difference!




Furniture was put in and time for the decorating to begin!



I added a couple pieces every few days as we had time to go look.



Finished shelves


We are so proud of this room!  It is definitely where we spend the majority of our time and we love how it turned out.  We will be adding gas logs to the fireplace this fall but other than that this room is complete!

See my other Our Home posts here:

Linking up herehere and here today.

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kmann
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!! 

6 comments:

  1. I’m loving this! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you on tonight at 7. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great transformation!!! I came over from Better After (congrats on the feature!) and now I'm off to check out other posts. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! We love how it turned out and are very honored to be featured on Better After!

      Delete
  3. Just found you via Better After and would love to know how you prepped the brick before white washing? Beautiful room! I look forward to checking out the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vacuumed off the hearth & the inside of the fireplace and then I used wet towels to wipe down all the brick & let it dry. Then I just started with the whitewashing!

      Delete