Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Our Home: Closet Conversion

In our entryway, there was a closet on the side of a closet?  Yeah, if you're confused so was I!!  As you come in from the garage door there is a coat closet and on the end cap of that was another super small closet near the front door.  Anyone else feeling door overload?  While we had our contractor working, I knew we wanted to do something different with this space.

After some brainstorming, we decided to have him do a built in shelving area for us to display pictures, etc. and we love it!  It makes the front entry of our home so much more welcoming and it's fun to display photos there as well!

Right after the conversion

We changed the paint color in this hallway, painted the trim white (I will never understand crème trim!) and painted the shelving unit white as well!

 
The black picture frames are actually the ones we used at the wedding for the gift table, welcome table, etc.  When we brought them in from the wedding, Jared put them on the shelves & I fell in love with the idea of using them there!

The P was used on our wedding welcome table as well.  I found a silver one I liked at Hobby Lobby & my dad painted it for us for the wedding!  It's so meaningful having these pieces used at our wedding in a place where we see them everyday. 

We threw in a few more accents & filled the frames with photos and this project was complete!

 See my other Our Home posts here:

Linking up here today.

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!! 


3 comments:

  1. Such a simple addition, but it really makes it much more useful!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! It really is a much more useful space now & adds some décor to our hallway!

      Delete
  2. This looks incredible! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm.. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete