Thursday, May 21, 2015

Our Wedding: Reception Entrance, Dances & Toasts

During dinner, the wedding party and our immediate families ate inside the plantation in the dining room while all our guests dined on the back lawn!  I use to help cater weddings and one I was working structured things where the bridal party ate separately and I loved it!  I wanted everyone, including us, to be able to really eat after such a long day before going out and joining everyone for dancing!  Plus it was nice to get a few more quiet minutes with those closest to us before going out to greet all our guests and do the dances, toasts, bouquet & garter toss, etc.







Mr. & Mrs. Peacock :)
I'll never get tired of hearing that!

Our first dance as husband and wife :). Such a sweet moment! Love this man more than anything in the world!

Dancing with my daddy will always be a favorite memory from our wedding day :) it was so nice to share a few minutes just with him on our special day! 


The Best Man toast.  I believe this might be when Jared's dad was referencing how many times we had broken up and gotten back together over the past 10 years ; )  We all had to laugh because we knew it was true!  However this time we just knew :)

MOH toast!  When you've been best friends since Kindergarten it makes for a really emotional day in your friendship.  Haley's speech was so sweet!  She really has been there for every moment of our relationship and is one of our biggest supporters!  We started dating the first time in high school at her house!

See my other wedding posts here:
The Dress
Ceremony

Linking up here today!

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!   

8 comments:

  1. Glad you got to have such special moments with all of your people on your big day...and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - I've actually never been to a wedding where the bride and groom eat separately with their families - that's really cool! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea to eat separately! I may have to steal that for my own wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I highly recommend it. It takes so much pressure off!

      Delete
  4. That's a good idea about eating separately. We had a few moments (and tried to eat as much as we could) before we went into the reception at our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really did make everything much easier!

      Delete