Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekend Recap & May Goals

Happy Monday!


I decided to combine my weekend recap & May goals post into one this Monday!  We had a pretty low key weekend.  Dinner on Friday.  Shopping & lunch with Lauren, a good workout, and a fun cookout to watch the boxing match with such sweet friends on Saturday!  Sunday, Jared and I just took a day to relax.  We grocery shopped, went for a walk, did a few little things to get ready for the week & then relaxed with dinner and a movie.  Perfect Sunday :)


Now, on to the goals!  First let's recap the April goals.  You can see my original April Goals post here!



Progress Update
1. I have majorly failed at doing this every day and have got to get back into my routine!
2. We have made some progress on our landscaping!  We have dug up most of the plants that we're getting rid of and are prepping to really get moving on the new landscaping in the next couple weeks.
3. Spring cleaning the house & closets is almost complete!  I have one closet left to tackle and then can mark this job off the list.
4. I have gotten into a new exercise routine and love being more active.
5. I am almost to my goal!  Getting sick this month put me a little behind but I'm almost there!
6.  I definitely accomplished this goal!  I rejoined the public library this month and read three books and am working on my fourth now.  I read Something Borrowed & Something Blue by Emily Griffin.  (There was a movie made out of the first book several years back).  Both were good and just made you think about relationships in a different way!  I'm starting the Outlander series now and am interested to see if it's as good as I've heard!

May Goals


1. This month, I want to make continued progress on our landscaping!  We are getting ready to till up all the dirt and put down new rock and plants so I should hopefully have lots of updates on this for next month!

2. We are so thankful for all the support and business our new company The Green Peacock has received.  However, we are still continuing to try and grow our business so please visit our website here and contact us for any of your lawn care needs!

3. During April, I got into more of an exercise routine and started watching what I was eating more carefully again.  Hoping to continue that effort this month and see even better weight loss results!

4. I want to recommit to spending a few quiet moments each morning with God during my devotional.  This is such a refreshing and great way to start the day so I need to hit the snooze button less times and get up and focus on this!

5. Reading has always been one of my favorite things to do but I haven't had much time to do it over the past year.  Now that I'm getting back into it, I'm enjoying it so much!  Hoping to read at least two books this month!

Linking up here and here today.

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kmann
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!! 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new company - hope May is a great month for you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with your new company as well!

      Delete
  2. Love the library! My husband and I need to dig up some plants but are total novices. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks for linking up today!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley!

      There is just nothing better than checking out actual books at the library! I just can't get into reading books electronically.

      I'll be posting a lot about landscaping/plants in the coming weeks! We are doing a total overhaul of our landscaping so I was able to just dig up most of the plants and we used a wench on the front of a truck for the really big overgrown stuff. We're tilling up all the dirt and laying down new rock so I didn't have to worry about being messy on this step :)

      Delete
  3. I am such a goal and maker... there's just something so satisfying about crossing something off a list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously!! Confession: If I go to mark something off my to-do list and then find out it's not on there, I may or may not have been known to add it just so I can cross it off :)

      Making monthly goals has really helped keep me focused on what I need to accomplish each month!

      Delete