Thursday, June 25, 2015

Owning It

I came across Christina's blog, The New Mrs, in a wedding post link up and have been an avid follower ever since!  It's fun seeing someone else in the same stage of life as you and how they navigate it!  Christina has started a new link party series on her blog called Owning It and I had to join in on the fun.
 
So today I'm owning some of my crazy...
 
1. I hate staying by myself at night.  During the day, I'm all about time to workout, clean, do my nails etc but when night falls I become convinced I'm going to become the subject of the next 20/20 or Law & Order.  Seriously, it's a problem.  I'm like a jumpy mouse at night! 


2. I am such a grammar freak.  When I hear someone say something that is obviously grammatically incorrect, I am totally correcting them in my head.  This especially drives me crazy when I see the misuse of their, there, and they're on social media.  GRRR!!!


3. I am so OCD about color coding.  My planner is color coded and so is our office calendar.  Okay, our closet is too.  We love it that way!


4. Nothing on social media drives me more crazy than those who are traveling and instead of truly immersing themselves in the experience are constantly updating social media with pictures.  I love sharing & seeing photos but I hate getting distracted from awesome experiences to do so.  I just want to comment "Enjoy your trip!  Stop needing social media to validate you're having a good time!" One or two photos do not bother me.  But photos of every moment constantly posted drive me crazy!  I really felt over the edge when someone I know did this while on their HONEYMOON.  I know, I know.  Not my circus, not my animals, not my problems.  But I have a heart & love for travel so strong that it makes me groan inside when I see people wasting precious moments this way. 


5. You know the Styrofoam that comes in packages to keep them protected?  Keep it away from me.  Seriously.  Hearing the noise that stuff makes coming out of the box or anytime you touch it makes me cringe and want to cry.  It is awful and I'm seriously getting chills just thinking about it right now!!


6. I have probably at least 5 Christmas gifts already purchased and in the closet.  Yes, I know it's June!  Seeing Christmas decorations in the stores already drives me crazy.  However, when I find something on sale that I know the person wants and will still want in December, why wouldn't I buy it?   It makes my life a lot easier come December because I just need to pick up a couple things.  I get to spend the rest of the time doing fun Christmas stuff :)  So my crazy on this one actually pays off! Ha!


7. If my nails start chipping it totally drives me crazy!  So what do I do?!  Start picking off the rest of the polish on all my nails.  I can't stand waiting to get home to take it off so I will pick it all off. 


8. This one goes for both Jared & I.  We cannot listen to a whole song!  We listen to about 30 seconds to a minute and then it's on to the next one.  The only exception to this is if it's a new favorite & even that doesn't last long.


Here's to all of us owning our crazy, it makes us who we are right?!





I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

20 comments:

  1. I'm a grammar freak too! And my nails usually chip pretty immediately...so I hold off as long as I can but it's not long before I'm peeling it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t like staying by myself at night either – especially overnight, if my husband is away I go to my parents house, ha!! I love the Christmas obsession as well – it’s always on my mind too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!! I do it every once in a while but it's a good excuse to stay with my family. Quality time + I don't have to be scared :) Christmas is just so fun that I like to enjoy it and not rush through the season!

      Delete
  3. "Here's to all of us owning our crazy, it makes us who we are right?!"

    I love that line, because it's so true!

    I am also afraid at night of intruders! I'm so paranoid haha.

    I totally agree about social media people. They need to put their phones down once in a while and enjoy the view. #preachgirlfriend :)

    And good for you for getting xmas presents out of the way. I'm one of those mad scramblers come December. I never learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think so too! Glad to hear it's not just me :) Sometimes at an event or special occasion people are so busy looking at their phones that they forget to enjoy the people! Haha it's taken me several years to plan ahead but it does really help me and give me more time for movies, baking & family time :)

      Delete
  4. I am SO with you on my nails chipping!! It is like OCD bad. I will not do anything else until they are all the way off. I am also a not-listen-to-the-whole-song girl! The boyfriend gets really annoyed, but who likes listening to the whole song these days? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are the same on your nails :) It becomes an obsession to get the polish off! Haha it is nice to listen to a variety!

      Delete
  5. Look at you go with your Christmas shopping.. that's AWESOME! And I am the same way about being home alone overnight, I'm totally fine during the day but nighttime is rough :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still lots to go but I have plenty of time :) Nighttime is the worst :/ I literally jump at every noise lol

      Delete
  6. I wish I was a grammar freak, I'm soooo bad at it. Like, so bad. Can you teach me?!!?

    I 100% agree about social media. A girl I knew was constantly posting when she was on her honeymoon and i wanted to be like, guess it's boring cause you're worried about us? But, she needed the likes on facebook and stuff to feel important, so whatever. Got away from that circus, quick. My husband and I turned our phones off all day until we came home because we didn't want any distractions. #livelife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, of course :) Seriously, it's so annoying! I love to share photos and updates but I just want to be in the moment and then post later as much as possible!

      Delete
  7. I'm so with you on nails chipping cant stand it!! Also hate staying at home alone at night - not fun and I totally feel like something will happen! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know someone else feels the same :) Yes! I can come up with 99 different scenarios of bad things that can happen as soon as it's dark!

      Delete
  8. Ha! I love these! I hate the incorrect use of there, their and they're as well. My biggest issue is when people say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less". And I used to be fine alone at night before being married but now I get freaked out if my hubby isn't there....I don't sleep well at all when he's gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is annoying! Totally agree. I'm just so used to him being there so I hate it when he's gone!

      Delete
  9. I always correct peoples grammar it drives me insane. Your/you're, there/their, they're, it winds me up so much. It is things you learn in school too, it drives me up the wall. I dislike being on my own in the night, I think it is because I watch to many episodes of Law&Order and CSI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me! I think Law & Order is definitely a huge part of my problem!

      Delete
  10. I always pick at my nails, too! You can actually get these little nail polish remover pads...I keep them in my purse in case it drives me super crazy and I need to get the rest off asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear so many other people do that too! That's a great idea, I'll have to look into getting some of those!

      Delete