Thursday, July 16, 2015

Fitness Update

About a month ago, I decided to really start focusing on my overall health!  A big part of that was that I wanted to lose a significant amount of weight.  Working at a desk for the past 4 years combined with bad eating & exercise habits has taken a toll on my waistline.  Only one "diet" had ever really worked for me in the past and that was Weight Watchers.

I decided to sign up for the program again and try to increase my activity level as well.  I am so glad I committed to making this effort!  I wanted to give it a full month before I started sharing much about it on my blog or social media but now am going to start sharing my experience so that I can hold myself accountable. 

I am 5 weeks into Weight Watchers and down 10 pounds!  I still have so much to go but I could never have lost that without having a program to be committed to.  It really is the easiest "diet" because it's not one.  I still eat the foods I love, I have just learned how to make tradeoffs and limit my portions.  When you're limited to a certain number of points you get very creative in how to cut them out where you can to maximize your food intake! 

I have done really well at staying under my weekly points allowance and hope to continue to use less of my weekly extra points as I go to increase my loss each week.  However, it is nice knowing I have them if it's a holiday or I have an event I want to splurge on!  I'm trying to walk at least a little every day and do circuits and strength training where I can.  I'm also wearing my Polar Loop daily and making myself get up and take extra steps around the office to stay more active during the work day.

I can tell such a difference in my appetite and self control already and hope to continue seeing great results!  My weigh in days are Wednesdays so I'm going to be posting an update on Thursday each week! 

If you are interested in losing weight or getting healthier, I really can't recommend Weight Watchers enough!  If you are already doing the Weight Watchers program, I would love to hear how you like it and any meal ideas!  See you back here next Thursday for an update that will hopefully include another week with a loss!


I'd love to have you follow me on GFC or Bloglovin :)


I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!
Thoughts for Thursday

Thanks for reading!!  

12 comments:

  1. You go girl! I need to be better about eating healthier.. for some reason in the summer, I eat alll of the things. And none of them are good for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I totally understand! That's what I love about WW so far, I can have the things I like just in smaller amounts :)

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! I've heard great things about WW! Do you use the app?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Love it! It's so easy to add what I'm eating, look up restaurant foods, etc. I love the barcode scanner too! Makes it so easy to calculate points on the go :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations girl!! That is so awesome that you've found something that is working for you! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love doing weigh in days on Wednesdays - in my mind that's the perfect day! Congrats on the accomplishments!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree about Wednesday! It's far enough away from the weekend that I feel like if I use my extra points I still have time to work those meals off! Thank you Christina!

      Delete
  5. Wow that's awesome gurlie, YOU GO GIRL! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome and you're drinking a coke too - so even better! I need to get on the wagon and do this - I have 21 Day Fix lined up to begin on Monday, but I'm so not hardcore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't broken the coke habit yet! Some days I have zero but never more than one unless I'm splurging with my extra points! I've heard great things about the 21 day fix!

      Delete