Thursday, July 2, 2015

July Goals

It's July 1st, which means that it's time to share my July goals! 

Before sharing my July goals with you, let's recap my goals for June.


June

1. We changed our whole landscaping plan so this goal did not get completed but we finally have a vision of pretty much exactly what we want to do!  Working on this is definitely going to be a several weekend project but I'm looking forward to it :)

2. Life is still unbelievably busy right now and doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon!  Hoping to make a concentrated effort to set aside time each week just to hang out and spend quality time together.

3. During the month of June, I have gotten pretty serious about my diet & exercise routine!  So far, I've lost 8 pounds in the past 3 weeks and am hoping to see the scale continue to go down!

4. I have pretty much sidelined this project for right now.  We have a lot of outdoor projects we're working on so I want to focus on those right now.  I'll readjust my focus to the inside of the house closer to Fall! 

5. Totally failed on my book reading this month but I just started Debbie Macomber's Last One Home this week and am loving it so far!

6.  I'm doing a little bit better with this but there is always room for improvement!  I'm trying to listen to my body and admit to myself when I'm tired instead of trying to power through another episode, project, blog etc.  I have definitely not perfected this but am working on it!

7. I have gotten a few things organized but there are a couple of closets I intend to tackle as soon as I have a couple of hours to dedicate to getting them in order!

July



1. Quality time with Jared!  Life just gets so busy that I want to make sure we set aside plenty of time to just relax and go on fun dates this month.

2. Continue to live a healthier lifestyle!  I can tell a big difference in how I feel & my clothes already and hope to continue my progress on this during July.

3. I have several home projects on my list and I don't expect to have them completed this month but I would like to see some progress! 

4.  I love to read and now that I've made a new list of books to read, I don't think accomplishing this goal will be too hard!  Lots of bloggers I follow rave over Liane Moriarty and Elin Hilderbrand so those two authors are on my list to look into this month.

5. I have been very restless and anxious lately and this month I want to take time each day to really relax and just find a stillness. 

6. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know I'm crazy but I like to shop early!  I already have a few presents purchased but I am ready to get started on at least coming up with ideas for people.  I love to really immerse myself in the holiday and enjoy all of our traditions so I don't want to waste time stressing about presents.  I want to get finished way early this year so I can just mark that off the list and enjoy the holiday with Jared!

What are your goals for this month?

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!  

8 comments:

  1. I've been failing on my book reading too, but definitely doing better! And look at you go with your diet and exercise routine, that's awesome!

    Have a fabulous holiday weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding time to sit down with a good book is just hard to do lately! Thanks :) I'm trying hard so it's nice to see some results!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being down 8 pounds - that is awesome!! We start our x-mas shopping early too -with so many sales it's hard not to!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! Hoping to keep increasing that number :) Seriously! This Nordstrom sale is definitely going to jump start my Christmas shopping!

      Delete
  3. I always think I'm going to have so much time to read in the summer since it's so relaxing... but no, it always ends up being the busiest time of the year and I have zero reading time! And good for you for starting to Christmas shop early!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This summer has been so busy for us too! Glad it's not just me trying to find time to read :)

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to read more too - summer is always when I get the most reading done! And a healthier lifestyle.. it's just so hard with all these delicious summer meal temptations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is definitely difficult but I'm finding that the more progress I see the less difficult it's becoming so hopefully it stays that way!

      Delete