Thursday, July 30, 2015

Owning It

Today I'm linking up with Christina at The New Mrs for her Own It linkup!  To see my Own It post from last month click here.


Some crazy things I'm going to own this month are...
1. When I hear a song I really love, I imagine movie scenes or life scenes it would be appropriate for.  Totally weird I know!!
2. I'm so OCD about leaving the house.  I'm always worried I'll leave my straightener or stove on, forget to shut the garage door etc.  My solution to this is that I take a picture of my unplugged straightener or off stove and I either take a photo of the garage door down or look back 10 times while I drive away.  That way when I get to work I don't have to freak about my straightener but can just look at my photo!  I know it sounds totally crazy but it works for me :)  Same goes for locked doors, I double check before bed & when I leave. 
3. Nothing drives me crazier than starting a load of laundry and then finding something else that should have gone in that load.
4. I always cut my ravioli into 4 squares to eat it.  Always.
5. I cannot read books on a computer, kindle, etc.  I'm a traditional go to the library & check out a book girl & I love it!
6. I love fruit but I hate hot fruit.  No cobblers, fruit pies, etc for me thank you!
7. I look like I have a liquid problem at work.  I come in most days with a breakfast smoothie, my brita water bottle, a tervis of green tea and sometimes a pitcher of tea as well.   This girl likes to be prepared but sometimes it looks a little ridiculous!
8.  I cannot go shopping without my hair & makeup fixed.  If I don't feel like I look good shopping, I'll hate everything I try on and never find anything.  Bad for my closet, good for the bank account :)
9. I'm so cold natured.  I use my space heater at work 8 hours a day, every day.  I hate to be cold & it makes me miserable if I am.  Our air conditioning at home was making me so cold the other day I debated on digging out my winter pj's.  This girl needs to get some better blood flow!
10. I completely suck at being on time.  Not because I'm not paying attention but because I try to fit in 100 things before I leave the house.  If I'm ready 5 minutes early that makes me think I can do laundry, dishes, pick up etc and before I know it I'm late!  This is something that I'm really working on but it's a major struggle :)


Link up with us to own your crazy!  It's the little things like this that make us who we are so we might as well celebrate it and laugh at it right?!

I would love to have you as a follower on GFC or Bloglovin :)

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

36 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on number 2 and number 8! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing with the doors, I'm always getting out and checking to make sure it was locked. I always make Kyle check 1000 times if he's locked it and I didn't see him lock it. Kind of drives him nuts.

    I'm always cold too, we have the thermostat set at 78 and on some nights i'm wearing a sweater and pajama pants when it's like 96 degrees outside.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It drives my husband crazy too!! Lucky you with the 78, I've compromised Jared up to 73 but I'm still under a blanket most of the time!

      Delete
  3. #1 is all too real! When I was a kid when I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said the person who picks out movie soundtracks! I'm glad I'm not alone lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you are not! I always think it's so weird when I do that so I'm glad to know you do it too!

      Delete
  4. Haha too funny about leaving the house – glad I’m not the only one! I need to start taking the time to get ready for shopping ha, sometimes I just run out in my gym clothes!! Thanks for linking up today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely not! I find so much more stuff when I feel completely ready but that's not always so good for the credit card :) Thanks for hosting a fun linkup!

      Delete
  5. I'm a cold natured girl as well. Always freezing, haha. I have a snuggie and sweatshirt at work that I throw on over my nice work clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me! I sit basically on top of my space heater and keep a jacket close by!

      Delete
  6. Haha, love it. I am very cold natured too - space heater at work and sweatshirt at home even in the middle of summer!

    www.balancingbyfaith.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on the shopping...if I look like crap, I will not like the way anything looks when trying on. I feel like the dressing room lighting just makes it ten times worse, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dressing room lighting is the WORST in my opinion!

      Delete
  8. Haha you know what I get the make up thing while shopping! Those fluorescent lights are nobody's friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so funny that you mention cutting your ravioli. I ALWAYS cut my food. Even the smallest of food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely cut up most foods but I have to cut up my ravioli!

      Delete
  10. OMG yes yes and yes to #1, #3 & #5! I do the same things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that those things are normal :)

      Delete
  11. My heater is on right now and I'm at work! Mine runs 8 hours, too! Soo cold natured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear so many of us have this in common :)

      Delete
  12. I'm always cold too! I have my work space heater on all the time as well. Yesterday I got in the car with my boss (it was almost 100 degrees) and he asked if I needed the heat on lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally with you on the hot fruit! I hate when it gets all mushy :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does something weird to the consistency that just does not work for me!

      Delete
  14. Someone who admits that they are always late! I am always late too because I cannot leave my house if I have a list of things that still need doing, thinking of all the things I have to come back to once I come home drives me insane. So I estimate it'll take me X amount of time and it takes me longer! It drives everyone insane, I know people hate people who are late so it is refreshing to know that I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way but am working very hard to correct it because I know it drives other people crazy! I just have to tell myself I can work on that stuff later but it's very hard for me to walk out of the house not finishing everything!

      Delete
  15. Haha I love the one about all of your liquid beverages! I ALWAYS have my water bottle with me and people probably think I'm weird but oh well!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously looks like I have a problem when I walk in the office with like 3 drinks every day! At least we're well hydrated :)

      Delete
  16. I am a newer reader of your blog but I love it... and I especially love this post! We are very similar in that I have to get myself made up if I'm going shopping, or else I hate everything I try on. And it drives me crazy when I find dirty socks or towels after I've started the laundry! UGH!
    The Busy Brunette
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you visiting my blog! Glad to hear you share some of my crazy :)

      Delete
  17. I love fruit and hate hot fruit too! It is just so much better fresh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Heating it up just ruins it in my opinion :)

      Delete
  18. I feel the same way about hot vegetables! Carrots are the biggest for me, I'd rather eat them raw than cooked any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegetables do not bother me as much but I still prefer most of them raw!

      Delete