Tuesday, August 11, 2015

8 Years Later

Last night some of my friends from high school got together to catch up & had a blast! We were missing a few of our lovelies and will be doing it again soon!

In the spirit of the fun from last night & the fact that it's been 8 years since we graduated, I thought I'd share 8 things I was reminded of last night. 

1. Distance doesn't matter.
One of the girls lives literally on the other side of the world but it's like picking up right where we left off when we all get together. 
2. Good food really does make the soul happy.
Taco bar? Tres leches? Yes, please! I don't even care how many points I consumed, the food was delicious! 
3. Laughter makes my heart happy.
 Lots of laughs were had last night and when I left my heart was so full! 
4. Friendship lasts.
We all don't hang out every day but these girls are true friends and for that I'm very thankful. 
5. Different roads can still intersect.
 Life has taken us all into very different directions & careers but there's still so much common ground between us. 
6. Helpful Careers
We are lucky to have a teacher in the group who can translate all the teenage words we don't understand anymore now that we are old ; ). 
7. I'm so proud.
All of us are doing great in life and are finding our way.  Looking back on how far we've all come in 8 years makes me so proud of all of us!
8.  Thankful.
I'm so thankful for the friendship of each of these girls. 

Can't wait til we all get together again :)

 
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock
Facebook: The Peacock Roost

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

18 comments:

  1. That is so awesome you are still close with girls from high school! And I love the teacher comment...I have had to google/urban dictionary words too many times to count to stay up with all the lingo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels behind on the newest lingo :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun time!! Girlfriends make life better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute!!! Seriously, good friends are irreplaceable. That is so fun that you got to see all of them even after 8 years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really great to get together & catch up!

      Delete
  4. Kelsey, so fun that you were able to get together with such good friends!!
    I just missed my 10-year high school reunion this past weekend, and I'm bummed, but I hope to see those friends again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get together with them soon! It's fun to catch up : )

      Delete
  5. This is so sweet! Totally know what you mean about catching up right where you left off - those are the best types of friendships!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you all were able to get together over yummy food and lots of laughs <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great you got to get together! I sadly have not kept in great touch with my high school friends but remain close to my college friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I love catching up with friends from HS & college!

      Delete
  8. and now i miss my friends. your right its so wonderful that you can just pick up where you left off and food with friends doesnt count, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Calories & points can't count when you're having that much fun :)

      Delete
  9. Looks like this was so fun!! I totally agree - the best friendships can pick up right where they left off without missing a beat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! That's how you know it's a really good friendship :)

      Delete