Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August Goals



I can't believe it's already August & time to discuss my goals for the month!  July absolutely flew by & I'm sure August will too.  I'm enjoying the summer but find myself looking forward to fall!

Before discussing my goals for August, let's review my goals for July!  See my July goals post here.

July

1. Quality time with Jared
We definitely fit in some good quality time this month!  We had several date nights, day trips to Evansville, etc.  I'm so thankful & this is definitely something I want to continue in August too!
2. Continued weight loss
I have had really great weight loss results this month!  I'm down 11.6 pounds overall & super happy about it!  I post fitness/weight loss updates each Thursday to track my progress.  See my last update here!
3. Progress on home projects
We finally made some progress on our landscaping!!  We probably have close to half of the major work done and I am so thankful :)  We are going to tackle another big section of it this weekend and I can't wait to show you all the results!
4. Read 2 books
I read more than 2 books this month and really enjoyed them.  I'm going to do a book review soon to share my favorite books I've read lately!
5. Find stillness & relax
 I am happy to report that I have definitely not perfected this but am making progress!  I've started walking 3 miles almost every day at 5:30 and it has made such a difference.  It really helps me clear my head, relax and focus on the day ahead! 
6. Start Christmas shopping
I majorly accomplished this in the month of July thanks to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!  You can see some of the items I purchased for myself here but I left the Christmas gifts off so those will be a surprise!  I can't believe how much progress I've made on my Christmas list and am feeling pretty confident I'll be done by my goal of December 1st so that I can focus the entire Christmas season on celebrating the real reason, new traditions with Jared, time with family & friends and enjoying the holiday festivities!

August



Personal

1. Quality Time/Fun Date Nights
I want to continue making time for quality time together & planning some fun date nights this month! 
2. Weight Loss & Increased Exercise
I want to continue seeing weight loss this month (my goal is 4 more pounds by the end of August) and I am going to try to continually increase my daily activity & exercise level!
3. Wake Up & Go to Bed Earlier
I've been waking up at 5:30am for walks each morning and honestly would like to make that even earlier to have more quiet time in the morning to exercise, read, pray etc. In order to do this, I need to make myself go to bed earlier so I'm going to make  a conscious effort to do that this month!
4. Bible Study
I've gotten out of the habit of doing my bible study/devotional as often and want to get back to that this month!
5. Plan my Days
I am the organization queen most of the time but have been so busy lately that I've gotten out of the habit of sitting down on Sunday to plan out my week to make sure I can get everything done!  I want to really try to do that this month so I can start Monday off feeling prepared to take on the week.
6. Enjoy life!
Time goes by so quickly in this life.  I have been reminded this month that we never know how much time we have on this earth so I really just want to take in all the happy moments and try not to let the not so happy ones affect me as much. 

Blog

1. Increase Social Media Presence
I originally started this blog as an online diary of sorts & a place to just collect my thoughts.  I never realized what a passion it would become or how much I would love it!  It amazes me how much it's grown even in the past few months and I am so thankful!  I have met some amazing people in the blogging community and want to continue to interact with more people. 

I am continually trying to grow my blog so I appreciate any social media support or sharing of my blog to help it grow.  Please follow me on these social media outlets & feel free to share my blog with anyone you think would enjoy it!


2. Revamp Pinterest Page
Pinterest is a favorite tool of mine but one I haven't used enough lately personally or for blog purposes.  I'm going to work on revamping my Pinterest page & updating my pins to make it more useful for me and beneficial for the blog.  See my current Pinterest boards here!
3. Clear Vision
I want to move forward blogging with a clear vision of what I want to share.  I love sharing about our newlywed life, favorite recipes, favorite finds etc.  I want to start sharing more of my faith on the blog because it is such a huge part of who I am!  I also want to continue working on developing new recipes to share.  What's your favorite thing I share on my blog?  Any ideas for other topics you would like to see?  I appreciate any and all feedback!

I would love to have you as a follower on GFC or Bloglovin :)

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!



15 comments:

  1. Really great goals girl and good job with July too! I have to say getting up earlier and go to bed earlier is the best - you feel so much more refreshed! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Biana! It really does make such a difference!

      Delete
  2. You go girl with the weightloss and the Christmas shopping - that is unbelievably amazing! And I need to join you on getting to bed and waking up earlier. It's just soooo hard :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! It's super hard to make myself get up some days but it's definitely getting easier!

      Delete
  3. Way to go on your goals - and I love the blog goals too....I am right there with you!!

    www.balancingbyfaith.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh! I'm really trying to focus on making some progress this month :)

      Delete
  4. So impressed with all of your Christmas shopping! Love the idea of having it done before December so you can really soak up the holiday season. I do half of mine on Black Friday and the other half on Christmas Eve, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! That has been me in years past and this year I just want to get finished early & enjoy the holiday!

      Delete
  5. I love that you get up so early AND want to get up even earlier!! You are totally my hero!! Pretty sure I could steal your goals for this month and apply them to my own life... I really want to get a better handle on my schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! It's not easy but I'm working on making it a habit! I'm glad to hear it's not just me that needs to get their schedule back under control :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your weight loss goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all your goals!!! You weight loss is so impressive! You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am beyond impressed with your Christmas shopping...if only I had been together enough to start during the sale. :) I am right there with you on the blogging goals! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I was so behind on shopping last year that I decided to get started early this year!

      Delete