Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Book Review

Today I wanted to share some of the books I've read lately & my thoughts on them with you!  If you have any good book recommendations, please leave them in the comments!  I'm always looking for a good book to read :)





1. Last One Home - Debbie Macomber

If you're a Debbie Macomber fan or like books about family & the ties that bind us together, you would love this book!  It's not my favorite book I've ever read but it was an enjoyable read.  Definitely something that women of all ages can read and relate to.

2. The Total Money Makeover - Dave Ramsey
I work in the financial industry and get questions about Dave Ramsey a lot!  I had actually never read his book (I knew the basics about him but that's about all) and decided to do a little work research & see if I could find some new financial tips!  I enjoyed this book.  If you need help budgeting then I think this would be a good book for you to read.  I used his budgeting tool to redo ours just to see how it all worked and I honestly loved his 2 page free budget!  Find it here.  I definitely enjoyed learning more so that I can answer more questions and even learned a tip or two that we are already putting to use in our house!

3. The Royal We
LOVE!   Out of all the books in my book review, this is my favorite!  If you are into William & Kate, the royal family, etc then do yourself a favor and read this book!  It was a lot better than I expected and I couldn't put it down. 

4. Girls in White Dresses - Jennifer Close
Honestly, I was not a fan of this book.  It jumps around constantly and several of the characters were too whiny for me.  It was definitely a fast read but to be completely honest, I just finished the second half so I would know how it ended and once I read the end I wished that I had stopped reading at the halfway point.  It wasn't a horrible book or anything, others may love it, it just wasn't my kind of book :)



Any books I need to add to my to read list?


I would love to have you as a follower on GFC or Bloglovin :)
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

22 comments:

  1. I love Dave Ramsey!! I read one of his books for a class and really like his style. I need to use his budgeting sheet...anything that makes budgeting easier, I need haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking for a very simple budget template & really have enjoyed using his! It breaks it down into all the categories we need!

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to add some of these to my list! As you know, I've loved "The Astronaut Wives Club" and "The Residence!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started (As in first few pages in) of the Royal We - I'm excited to read it! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Biana you are going to LOVE it! The first few chapters were a little slow but then I couldn't put it down :) You'll have to let me know what you think of it!

      Delete
  4. Such great reviews of these books! I love all things William and Kate so I will definitely have to check out Royal We. Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo, Rachel
    www.ablondesmoment.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! You definitely need to check out The Royal We and I've heard great things from a few bloggers about Kate as well!

      Delete
  5. I have heard so much about Dave Ramsey, but never looked into any of his books. I definitely want to check out the budget plan, though. And I love Debbie Macomber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend it, I have been using it to make our budget and it's worked really well! Me too! Her books are great :)

      Delete
  6. your not the first person to say they didnt like girls in white dresses. I'm reading Mary Kay Andrews, Savannah Blues right now and its a simple/fast read. I need to post my book review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really thought I would like it but I just couldn't get into it at all! I'll definitely check that one out!

      Delete
  7. YES! so glad you loved the royal we, i love love loved it. i hope they write a sequel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sequel would be great! I loved it but still have a lot of unanswered questions so I'd love to see a sequel. Maybe focused on where Freddie & her sister end up?

      Delete
  8. Ohhhh I love book posts the most :) Molly (colorsoflifeblog.com) and I are doing a BookWorm Wednesday link up on the first Wednesday of the month (so next one is 9/2). We would love it if you could join us! Surprisingly, I haven't read any of these. Sounds like I need the read The Royal We! I'm adding it to my list. Are you on Shelfari or Goodreads? I'm obsessed with keeping track of my books on Shelfari. I think it is so fun. #nerdalert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh okay! Thanks for letting me know :) I'll definitely link up for that! I'm on Good reads :)

      Delete
  9. I need to read the Royal We! It sounds like such a fun read! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Slow the first couple chapters but then I couldn't put it down!

      Delete
  10. I read The Royal We this month and enjoyed it too! I'm so obsessed with the royal family that I loved how this book was loosely based on them.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it too! I've heard the book Kate is good too so I'm going to try to read it soon!

      Delete
  11. I am soooo excited to read The Royal We! Love that you loved it, definitely going on my list to read next :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put it towards the top of the list! You'll love it :)

      Delete