Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!

1. Ballers
We finished up Friday Night Lights this week (amazing series finale with lots of tears for me!) so we needed a new show to binge watch. We decided to save House of Cards for a little bit and watch the new HBO show Ballers. It's so good!!! Highly recommend it. It's definitely a show that keeps guys & girls happy watching it and that's a win/win if you're looking for a show to watch with your spouse!


2. 5 Calorie Lemonade
Love!  These were a perfect WW find!  0 points & taste great!  These are really helping me get away from drinking cokes so that's a win!


3. Early morning walks
When I first started getting up early to walk each morning, it was purely for my weight loss goals and a way to get all my steps in case that was my only chance that day! Now it has become so much more.  Not only are my walks and circuits in the morning helping me to get in shape physically, but it's also helping emotionally & mentally too.  There's something about being out in nature as the world wakes up that just makes you feel closer to God.  This is the time of day when I really work through anything that's bothering me, pray, reflect on life etc.  It's amazing how much I accomplish inside during that hour of walking!  My walks also put me in the best mood for the day too!  I feel mentally refreshed and ready to take on the day after a good morning workout!

4. 1st year in our home!
Wednesday marked 1 year since we closed on our first home!  In the spirit of celebrating that I'm going to be sharing some of our home on the blog in the coming weeks.  We spent two months cleaning and repainting EVERY surface in our home (huge THANK YOU here to our families) before the wedding, moved in right after and have spent the time since decorating and furnishing it!  That part still isn't complete but we've definitely made some progress :)


5. Republican Debate
Did you watch the debate last night?  If so, what did you think?  I think our country is at a major impasse and this election is really going to be a turning point in one direction or another.  I take elections very seriously and plan to tune into the debates so that I can make an educated decision on who I want to see leading our country!  I do not like where our country is currently headed and am hoping our next leader will be one who reignites the American spirit.  Not only do I like learning about the candidates, but hearing them banter back and forth can be pretty entertaining so that makes watching the debate a definite favorite this week!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!



I would love to have you as a follower on GFC or Bloglovin :)

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!
Life In Leggings
grab button for Coffee with Caitlin

34 comments:

  1. Oooh, excited for a new HBO show rec. Sounds like a good win/win. We LOVED Friday NIght Lights. I was really sad when it was over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very sad FNL is over! I think you'll like Ballers!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you posted about the Republican Debate! I was very into it last night and wish Donald Trump would get off the stage and make a path for the candidates who are actually taking this seriously. I felt like Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Scott Walker did a great job last night. Definitely praying for our nation and these candidates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like a lot of them made really good points! Wish we could like mix and match the parts we like about each one of them! It's going to be a very interesting election.

      Delete
  3. I am going to try those lemonades! I often want a lemon taste, but not the overwhelming sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you would love these! Lemonade taste but not overly sweet!

      Delete
  4. I didn't watch the GOP last night but listened to the recap this AM on the radio. Sounds like I missed some goodness. It's going to be a real interesting political year.
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to be a VERY interesting election!

      Delete
  5. Five calorie lemonade – I need to get myself some of that! Congrats on the one year mark in your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious & definitely a favorite right now! Thanks, Christina!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your first year in your house! I didn't watch the Republican debate, and I agree that it's fun to hear them banter back and forth. My only fear is that with all of the candidates currently running for the Republican nomination, they might end up tearing each other apart before they even get to the main election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! Yeah there are definitely too many running right now. Hopefully they'll start weeding out a lot of them soon!

      Delete
  7. I totally agree with getting outside and walking! I suffer with depression and I have found just by taking the time to get a little workout in outside makes a whole lot of difference. I come back really so refreshed and with a clearer head!
    I am currently watching Friday Night Lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how refreshing a morning walk can be! Hope you're enjoying Friday Night Lights!

      Delete
  8. I didn't watch any of the debate because we're binge watching Bloodline. I hate the shape that our country is in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boyfriend said ballers is good i'll have to check it out one of these days.

    Happy 1 year in your house, how exciting! Love your skirt in that pic, that color looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out! I was surprised by how much I liked it! Thank you! I can't believe it's been a year.

      Delete
  10. One of my goals is always to become a "morning person" and get my workout out of the way---it happens very rarely. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated getting up early my whole life but I swear it's like a switch flipped and now I LOVE getting up early! I get to do my workout and have some quiet time. Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. How did I miss the debate last night?! Fail on my part! I've heard awesome things about Ballers, but girllll you're going to LOVE House of Cards! Can't wait to hear what you think of that next!

    Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ballers is really good but we'll have it finished really soon. I can't wait to start House of Cards!

      Delete
  12. Ahhh lemonade has been one of my major cravings---need to check that out! And, need to look into Ballers--the hubs and I are always looking for another show! Still need to do Friday Night Lights! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out, it's yummy! Highly recommend FNL & Ballers!

      Delete
  13. I have not heard of that tv show but I seriously LOVED Friday Night Lights!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog as usual! My husband and I are always looking for a show to binge watch so we will definitely have to give Ballers a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! Definitely give it a try! Not the best one I've ever seen but it's pretty good!

      Delete
  15. I definitely cried through the series finale of Friday Night Lights, too!! It was a couple of years ago for us so I think I need to re-watch it again soon :) Also need to get caught up on the debate this weekend! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  16. 1 year in your house?? So fun! That lemonade has to be good. I love that you're using it to keep you away from soda. Also, walking is such a peaceful form of exercise. I usually walk at night, but I feel like walking in the morning would be a great way to start the day too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe it's been a year! I love walking at any time of day, so relaxing!

      Delete
  17. Kelsey
    Can I just say I rewatched the republican debate on YouTube Friday! I'm such an election geek!

    ReplyDelete