Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday everyone!

I'm so excited for this weekend! To say it's been a stressful week is an understatement. I won't bore you all with the details, but do you ever have those days where when it's over you just have to sit down & have a short cry? There have been several of those this week. Even though I've been overwhelmed, I am so blessed and lucky to have the life that I do! All the tragedy happening locally & nationally reminds me that these were just a few bad days and life goes on. 

1. Golf Date Night


2. Weight Loss
Continued weight loss is a definite favorite this week!  We have a neighborhood garage sale coming up and I'm working on cleaning out our closets. It's so exciting seeing all the clothes that no longer fit going in sale piles! It's very encouraging : ) Not to mention who doesn't love a good excuse for some new clothes?!  See my weekly fitness update here!
3. NARS Lip Pencil

I LOVE my NARS lip pencil!  Definitely a favorite in my makeup drawer!  I use this in the morning and top it off with lip gloss & it works great!  Find it here.




4.  Brita Water Bottle
Cannot say enough about how much I LOVE my Brita water bottle!  I use this thing pretty much every day and it's perfect for work.  I can just refill it with tap water and then it filters the water for me as I drink it!  (I found mine at Target!)
5. Jesus

My absolute favorite this week is my relationship with Jesus.  With everything that is going on in the world, I have spent extra time in prayer and am so thankful that we have a loving God to lean on.  My relationship with Jesus is something I cannot imagine living without.  When I look around at the state our country is in, it brings me great sadness and I can only imagine how sad it makes God to see his children rejecting him and acting the way we do.  I hope that you all have the peace of a relationship with Jesus Christ and that you lean on him in all your decisions and the way you interact in the world.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

I would love to have you as a follower on GFC or Bloglovin :)
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!
Life In Leggings
grab button for Coffee with Caitlin

44 comments:

  1. I have a brita water bottle that I'm seriously in love with - been drinking out of it all week. I hope you have a relaxing weekend! Sounds like you deserve it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best! Thanks, Biana! Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. That quote is a great one! I hope you have a very relaxing weekend, you need and deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks, Lindsey! Hope you had a relaxing weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Your golf date looks like a lot of fun! I've got to get out to a range soon - I haven't played in a year and have a customer tournament in a few weeks.. eek. Sorry you've been having a rough week.. I'm sure all the tragedies that seem to constantly keep happening this week aren't helping :( hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! With the wedding & house, I haven't been able to play at all for over a year myself! Good luck with your tournament! It was just one of those weeks and seeing all the tragedy playing out on the news definitely didn't help! Thanks for your kind words & I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  4. When the chaos of our country occurs, knowing where your faith is grounded is the best security!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally have those days where I feel like I need a good cry. Ugh. Your golf date looks like fun! Michael and I went to the driving range once. It was my first experience with golf that was not mini...and as expected, I was horrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me! It was really fun! Golfing can be hard at first but it's so fun once you learn!

      Delete
  6. The NARS lip pencils are definitely my new fav! And your golf date looks like so much fun!

    Happy Friday gurlie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you love them too! It was fun! Hope you had a great weekend :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your weight loss thus far Kelsey!!
    Your golf date night looks like so much fun. I keep telling my husband we should learn who to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! You definitely should! It's such a fun game, we love it :)

      Delete
  8. oooh i totally want to try that water bottle, i love the idea of filtering it! congrats on your weight loss, have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I don't like drinking unfiltered tap water so I love that wherever I go I can have a bottle of water! Thanks, Kristen :) Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  9. Aww what a fun date night!!! And I hope you enjoy your much needed weekend off!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! I definitely needed to recharge this weekend. Hope you had a great one too!

      Delete
  10. yay for you getting healthier and golf dates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Losing weight is hard but it's getting easier!

      Delete
  11. I found your blog through the momfessionals Friday link up + I love it!! Congrats on your weight loss! My hubby and I went golfing this week as well! I definitely need practice, haha. Can't wait to check out your blog more! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie! Glad you found my blog :) I hadn't hit a golf ball in over a year until that night :/ I did better than I expected but definitely need to play more often!

      Delete
  12. I need a Brita water bottle! I go through so many bottles a day it would be a good savings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get one of these! It saves a lot of money and is so easy to use!

      Delete
  13. I love the Nars lip pencils too! I got a couple as my birthday gift from Sephora, and I love using them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun date night! I haven't golfed before, but I love low key evenings like that. And, great job on the weight loss, Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Low key date nights are the best. Thanks, Laura!

      Delete
  15. I need to check out that lip pencil. I love NARS lipstick and I bet that would keep it on longer! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does last quite a while! Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  16. I've been looking for a water bottle that had a filter on it. I will definitely check this one out. Thanks for posting about it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out! Thanks, Angela. Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  17. First of all, congrats on the weight loss! It is so amazing to see the clothes that once used to be tight are now too big. And I recently went on a shopping spree of my own! :)) Secondly, the Brita water bottle looks so cool! I'm going to need one. and 3) I am with you, Sister, all the way. I sometimes try not to think on what's going on in the world because it is so disheartening. A nation that once praised and showed reverance to God has now turned it's back on Him. I am thankful to be saved and on my way to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely check out the Brita water bottle. It really is sad how much America has turned away from God. It honestly amazes me how people can look at the world and not see that the further our nation pulls away, the worse things get!

      Delete
  18. Congratulations on your weight loss!! So exciting! And yes, sometimes it's good to have a good cry every once in a while! I've been so so busy and overwhelmed lately that I've been on the verge of tears often
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Exactly! Sometimes you keep everything in and then you just need a good cry to let it go & move on! Hope your schedule gets less overwhelming too!

      Delete
  19. I should get me one of those water bottles, how cool! I hope you have a good relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, that looks like a fun date! We don't golf for real, but mini-golf dates are a favorite with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! We love to play golf and go to the driving range but mini golf is really fun too! I basically just love any form of golfing :)

      Delete
  21. Congrats on your weight loss, that is so fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your weightloss...that is super awesome! And I hear you about sometimes needing a cry to let it all out. Hope things have turned around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! They definitely have :) Just needed a weekend to recharge!

      Delete
  23. I need to try the NARS lip pencil. I don't use one at all and probably should! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! I normally don't use them but love this one!

      Delete