Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Two sweet ladies nominated me for this & so I'm going to answer both of their questions below!  Thanks Katie & Molly!


1. Tell me something most people don’t know about you.
Most people would say I'm super serious and there are times I definitely am.  However, my super close family and friends get to see my silly and ridiculous side.  I love to joke around and be silly but I have to feel really comfortable around someone to be that way!
2. Who is one blogger you have to read everyday? (Let’s figure out who we’re missing out on!)
Oh that's a hard one!  Some of my favorites are:
3. What's the best concert you've ever been to?
Tough one.  Bruce Springsteen or Eric Church probably!
4. How many kids do you want?  And if you have kids...how many did you want before you had them?
Honestly, I'm not sure.  I don't know for sure that we're going to have any but if we do probably 1-2.  I truly believe if I'm supposed to be a mom God will call me to desire that when the time is right :)
5. What/who inspired you to start your blog?
I had a couple of friends who were blogging & followed a few others.  I really enjoyed reading about other people's lives and seeing new recipes, tips, etc.  I loved the community feel for blogging & decided to start my own!  It's a great outlet for my creative side after being analytical all day for my job :)
6. Is it hard to keep up with blogging and your regular every day life?
Sometimes very much so!  I love blogging but it's a lot more work than most people realize.  Sometimes I get behind or feel uninspired!  I'm currently working on scheduling out my days to be a lot more productive and I've noticed that it's helping a lot!  Writing posts ahead of time and having them ready to publish makes life a lot easier too.
7. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas for sure!  I love the Christmas holiday and celebrating such a special time in my faith!   I love all holidays though from the decorations, time with family, yummy food, etc!
8. What is your number one tip for blogging?
Be you.  Your readers want to hear about who you are and see your originality!
9. If you could live off of one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Pasta.  Definitely pasta.
10. What are you most proud of?
My relationship with God!  I am so thankful to have been raised by a very strong faith filled family and do not know what I would do without my faith.
11. If you had to give me one piece of advice what would it be?
Life is short.  Don't be afraid to say yes or no to things!  We all only have so much time on this Earth so spend as much of it as you can doing the things you love and spending time with those you love most!  I try to remember that just because an opportunity arises I don't always have to say yes.  Learning that I have the ability to say yes & no is quite empowering :)

I'm supposed to nominate other people to participate so I'm just going to nominate anyone who reads this & wants to get involved!  It's really fun reading these fun facts about different people :)

I would love to have you as a follower on GFC or Bloglovin!
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

















20 comments:

  1. Fun read, I enjoyed learning more about you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scheduling for blogging is hard! It really is harder than people think! I could live off of pasta with you:) Loving learning more about ya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really & truly is!! Glad you're a fellow pasta lover! I swear I could eat pasta for breakfast (and have been known to dig in to some leftovers!). Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Christmas is my favorite holiday too! I love love love summer holidays, but there's just that feeling in the air around Christmas that takes the cake! And I hear ya on blogging being hard, planning and writing posts are only half the battle, taking time to respond to all comments and commenting on other blogs takes up so much more time than you'd think. I really need to learn how to balance it out more with my life ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas is just the best :) You're right! Commenting definitely takes up a lot of time along with all of the planning. I'm working on getting myself onto a schedule but it's definitely hard sometimes!

      Delete
  4. I totally agree that blogging is so much harder than it seems! I feel like I was so naive when I only read blogs. Hahaha. I also LOVE the advice you gave at the end! I'm a pushover and I have a really hard time saying no to things. I really need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely didn't realize all the hard work that went into it before I started but I absolutely love it so it's totally worth it :) Oh I'm so glad! I used to feel so guilty saying no to stuff. It would make me feel less capable or something which was SO wrong! I want to give a lot more of myself to what really matters to me and in order to do that I have to say no to other stuff sometimes.

      Delete
  5. pasta for life! haha i could totally live on it for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post! The inspiration of blogging gets me - I will think of 10 posts and then dry up!! Enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh! Sometimes I go through droughts like that myself! I'm working on building up some blogs for days that happens but it's taking some time :) So glad you enjoy my blog!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me :) I'm having to avoid it when I can right now because of my dieting but I could eat it pretty much every day!

      Delete
  8. So fun to read more about you! We have so much in common! Believe it or not but I've already started to do a lil Christmas shopping. Lol. Blogging is tough and some people just don't get it but so worth it and your Blog ROCKS! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I think we do too :) You and me both! I've marked 4 people off my list & it's going to make life so much easier when Christmas gets here! Blogging is a lot more work than people think that's for sure. Thanks so much for the kind words!

      Delete
  9. Is it sad that I'm already getting excited for Christmas? I just love it so much!! And blogging is definitely a time consuming hobby - working ahead of time is key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! I can't wait for the holidays this year :) Totally agree! When I get behind on blogging it takes a while to catch up. Working ahead definitely makes life easier!

      Delete
  10. Love all of these, but I love your #10 and #11 best!!! And of course, there's Christmas ... I've already been looking on Etsy for decor haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kaitlin! I'm trying not to look at Fall & Christmas stuff but I just can't seem to help myself :)

    ReplyDelete