Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We did but it went by too fast :/  Very much looking forward to a lot of things this week though so that makes it a little bit easier :)

Friday
 Friday, I worked a half day so that Jared and I could go to Evansville to get some work stuff for him & just have a day together.  So glad we decided to do that!  We found my favorite lemonade (see photo below) and stocked up which made this girl very happy!  After we got back in town, we went to one of our favorite local restaurants for a yummy dinner before relaxing the rest of the evening!



Saturday



Saturday I started the day with a long walk and housework (fun stuff right?!). 




Saturday afternoon consisted of pedicures & lunch with my Granny!

After lunch, I spent several hours working in my office at home.  The shorts I wore Saturday haven't fit in over 3 years and not only did they fit but they were honestly a little loose!  That's definitely a win :)
Saturday night consisted of dinner with my grandparents, another walk and starting my new book. Has anyone read this one?

Sunday


Sunday started off with a 5:30am wake up call to walk!  I love my early morning walks.  It's the perfect time for me to pray, think, work through things in my mind, etc.  I hate getting up early so you know I am enjoying something if I'm not complaining about early alarms!




Sunday afternoon we decided to tackle our landscaping!  When we purchased our home there were bushes taller than us all around the house that were beyond overgrown.  We ripped everything out except my rosebush and really hadn't done anything with it since.  We decided to at least knock out one section this weekend!
Landscaping paper down & ready to be mulched & rocked this afternoon!  Can't wait to share photos of the final result and of the rest of the landscaping we're hoping to get finished in the next few weekends!

After landscaping, we had two kickball games and to say I was just physically done for the day was an understatement. 
I had popcorn for dinner and that felt like the best treat ever after such a long day!  After an episode of Friday Night Lights, I was happy to crawl in bed!  (Until my 5:30am alarm went off again...)

Hope everyone has a great week!  I'll be sharing my August goals on the blog tomorrow!


Bella And The City 
 
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

32 comments:

  1. So jealous of your pedicure, I need one badly! I read that book and was not a big fan. I posted my recap here [http://pinkypersistence.blogspot.com/2015/06/books-on-books-on-books-linkup.html ] just found it to be way to whiny and not what I expected. Your popcorn looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pedicure was wayyy overdue & so enjoyable! I'll let you know what I think of the book!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend!! You go girl getting up that early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! Haha it's not easy but I'm trying to do it everyday!

      Delete
  3. can't wait to see your finished landscape! pedicure and lunch sounds like a perfect weekend day! I need to pencil one of those days for myself.

    trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until all the landscaping is finished to show you all! Definitely do that soon! It was so refreshing :)

      Delete
  4. You are looking fantastic girl! I was so going to get a pedi yesterday but opted just for the gel mani - sacrifices lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, granny time is the best time. I haven't read that book, but let me know if you like it! Ps your outfit for your walk is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is the best! I will be posting a book review soon of several books I've read this month! Thanks, Target has good workout clothes :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds like a great weekend! I haven't gotten a pedicure since my foot surgeries I'm afraid they will hurt my scars which are still sensitive.

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! Yeah I could see where that could be a concern. Hope your foot gets better soon! Once it's totally healed I see that as a good reason for an all out spa day :)

      Delete
  7. Looks like a fabulous weekend, and yay for pedicures! I got one on Friday too, and it was heavenly :)

    Cheers to a fabulous week <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pedicures just make everything better! Love them!

      Delete
  8. I have read that book and it was good in my opinion!

    Popcorn for dinner was on our agenda too and sometimes that's all you need. Glad you had a good weekend.

    Stopping by from Mingle MOnday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mixed reviews so I'm excited to check it out! Popcorn for dinner is sometimes the best thing :)

      Delete
  9. I could do with a pamper day of having a pedicure and a manicure, mine has chipped really badly. Sounds like a fun weekend with some productivity in there!
    Morning walks are the best and I find I am much more motivated if I wake up early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely have one of those days soon! Morning walks are seriously my favorite!

      Delete
  10. You look great! I can't wait to see our landscaping updates...definitely something I miss living in an apartment! Friday Night Lights...such a great show. Makes me want to watch the seasons all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! We only have two episodes left now to watch tomorrow and I'm very sad to see it end :/

      Delete
  11. Long walks and pedicures are the best! Looks like you had a great weekend!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those are both awesome! We did! Hope you had a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  12. You two rock the color red in that first pic! So cute!! And I adore early morning walks too, soaking in all God's glory! Yay for a wonderful weekend and hope the week ahead is just as terrific!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I've found that my morning walks really clear my head & let me focus on my day!

      Delete
  13. I wish I had the motivation that you do to get up and exercise! I really need to make that a priority this school year but I would have to get up at 5 and I hate getting up that early haha! Maybe I'll see more of your early morning working out to convince me I need to do it, too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard in the beginning & still is some days but totally worth it! Today I decided on an afternoon workout since I was so tired from all our landscaping but I've promised myself it's back to the early wakeup tomorrow. I think if you did it you would treasure that quiet time in the morning, it really is great!

      Delete
  14. Looks like a great weekend!! I love early walks too because it is not so hot.. Way to go
    Chelsea @thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good one! It is so much cooler walking in the mornings. I decided on an afternoon walk today so we'll see how that goes!

      Delete
  15. I read that book! I can't really remember.. but I feel like I liked it but wasn't overly in love with it! It was a long time ago though so I could be wrong : )
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested to see if I like it or not!

      Delete
  16. Your pedicure is so pretty! Love the pink! I really need to treat myself to one soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely made me feel more put together :) You definitely should!

      Delete