Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What's Up Wednesday



Today is What's Up Wednesday and I'm linking up with Shay, SheafferMel to share a little bit of what's going on in our lives lately!

1. What we're eating this week...
Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken (click this link to see my recipe!)
Lasagna (recipe coming to the blog soon!)
Pizza

2. What I'm reminiscing about...

This is us at the Apple Fest a week before our wedding last year!

Fall last year! This time last year was crunch time before the wedding so although we enjoyed it I am so looking forward to really being able to get into all the fun fall festivities & holidays this year!


3. What I'm loving...

The crisp air during my walks in the morning...fall is coming!

4. What we've been up to...
Lots of business work & planning!
Fun summer weekends!

Putt Putt & ice cream date with Dylan & Lauren!
Landscape Renovation!  We have all the paper, mulch & rock down now and are just waiting until Fall to add some plants!  I can't wait to show you all the final product!

5. What I'm dreading...
Nothing that I can think of! Life is pretty good right now!


6. What I'm working on...
So many new and fun things for the blog!   Lots of business planning. 


7. What I'm excited about...

Fall!  I'm officially over summer.  Bring on the plaid, boots, football, hot chocolate, pumpkin flavored everything etc!!


8. What I'm watching/reading...

We are currently binge watching House of Cards & loving it!!


Currently reading The American Heiress. I'm reading lots of books that I'll be sharing on my August book review. To see my July book review click here!


9. What I'm listening to...
Not much lately! Mainly Christian music and some country!


10. What I'm wearing...
I'm wearing all my summer favorites since the time for fall clothes is coming quick!  I'm so ready though. 


11.  What I'm doing this weekend...
This weekend we have some pretty good plans! Saturday we are doing some shopping and going to dinner & Sunday will be church, errands, planning for the week ahead and we both have fantasy drafts Sunday night! 


12.  What I'm looking forward to next month...

Next month I'm looking forward to the start of fall, football games at our alma mater, lots of new blog stuff, etc!  Looking forward to wearing Fall outfits like these too!


13. What else is new...
We're getting our new home computer this week! So excited because I'm going to be able to use it to do so much more blogging & business stuff!


14. Favorite Back to School Tradition...
School supplies & first day photos! Even though I'm out of school now I love school supplies and seeing the stores full of them makes me happy! I also love seeing everyone's first day photos! So cute. 

My last first day of school for my MBA in 2013!


I would love to have you as a follower on GFC or Bloglovin :)
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @kelseymannpeacock
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

44 comments:

  1. The American Heiress has been on my "to read" list for a while, so I'm curious if you like it or not. We loved House of Cards! Although season 3 seemed very slow to us! Enjoy your Wednesday!

    TheHortonFamily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good! We are HOC addicted :) Halfway through season 2 now!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you end up doing with your landscaping! We are wanting to completely redo ours now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are redoing the entire landscape in the front & back! Out of all the plants there when we moved in I kept one rosebush so we're basically starting from scratch. We'll be putting in plants soon & then I'm definitely going to share before & after photos! It's a lot of work but totally worth it :)

      Delete
  3. Great post and cutest apple festival goers EVER right there!! I have that pumpkin from HL, so excited to decorate!! Happy Wednesday beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! Yes, I saw it on your blog & knew I had to have it so thanks for sharing!!

      Delete
  4. Love the Apple Fest Shoutout! Do you mean the one in Paintsville??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we have an Apple Fest here in Owensboro too! I've heard great things about the one in Paintsville and would like to go someday!

      Delete
  5. I am SO ready for fall too. But we are in crunch time for our wedding now too...so I feel like I can't fully relax and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the exact same way this time last year so that's probably exactly why I'm so excited for fall & winter this year!

      Delete
  6. So happy you guys are loving house of cards - im ready for the new season!! Apple fest sounds like it was quite fun last year! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're about halfway through the second season now! It was, but all I could think about was the wedding so I'm extra excited to go this year and relax!

      Delete
  7. I've had American heiress on my list, would love to hear your thoughts about it. The apple fest sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely share a review when I'm finished with it! It was & I can't wait to go again this year!

      Delete
  8. I can't wait for fall either...it is so close, I can taste it! Can't wait for your book reviews...always looking for new things to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited that tomorrow means September!!! I will definitely be sharing a book review soon!

      Delete
  9. I look forward to hearing about American Heiress. It's on my to read list. I can't wait for fall either, although we'll be in the 90s for awhile! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Tanya (txtanya.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I like it! It's still surprisingly warm here too!

      Delete
  10. Loving that fall air during the morning hours! We haven’t played mini golf all summer and I’m hoping to squeeze at least one round in soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to at least have a glimpse of fall in the mornings! Mini golf was fun and a good way to spend some time with family :)

      Delete
  11. I can't wait to read your next book review because that book looks good!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I have a few more read, I will definitely be sharing a book review!

      Delete
  12. I am also watching House of Cards! A little less binge-y though because my husband and I are only home at the same time a few hours a week...haha.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is gone several days a week too so we just fit in mini binge sessions when we can!

      Delete
  13. Yes! I'm totally looking forward to all things fall - especially the clothes, decorations, fall festivals and football :) I may try House of Cards next - you're the second person to mention it to me today so I feel like maybe it's a sign!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep thinking if I wear my scarves and boots maybe fall will come a little sooner! That book is on my list, excited to read your review. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for put put and ice cream - 2 of my summer favorites! And is it wrong that I'm jealous that you're still watching House of Cards?! So addiciting! Enjoy every second of fall this year, and your anniversary will be even more sweet <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally not wrong! I see so many people watching Friday Night Lights now and I'm super jealous of them! Thanks, Kate!

      Delete
  16. I have already started to wear the Fall items in my closet - cardigans and other 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve shirts. I love love love Fall and even Winter. Sweaters, scarves, and boots oh my! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so ready to wear my fall clothes but it's just too hot here! I'm over summer but I'll probably miss it when I'm freezing in the middle of winter :)

      Delete
  17. Is that football pumpkin from Hobby Lobby? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! It might be my favorite fall decoration this year!

      Delete
  18. Oh man The American Heiress was one of my favorite books I read last year!! I hope you are enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved seeing all of your fall inspiration! I'm too ready for the change of seasons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like pretty much everyone is over summer this year and ready for fall!

      Delete
  20. How did i not find your blog sooner? I love it!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this post idea!!! I cannot wait for that lasagna recipe and so exciting for your new home computer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sharing it soon :) I love it! It's interesting getting used to a MAC but I think I'll love it for it's photo/video editing capability!

      Delete
  22. all your fall stuff is making me excited to wear cute fall outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! I'm excited for fall outfits too!

      Delete