Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Favorites


Happy Fridayyyyy!!! So excited that the weekend has arrived :)  It's a pretty full one but weekends are always my favorite!

1. Air Show
Last weekend the air show was in Owensboro!  Jared had to work it so I went with the rest of our crew. So fun!

2. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
If there's one thing people know about me, it's that I LOVE to organize.  Like it gives me a serious thrill.  This book is all about organization & so far I'm loving it.  I'll give a more thorough review in my book review at the end of the month!

3. CIZE

I decided to step up my workouts from just walking & circuits and I decided to order CIZE.  So far I love it!  It's really fun to do and the time goes by really fast!  I've been sore several days but am interested to see how my results look later on in the program.

4. Home Cooked Meals
I love to cook so when Jared requested fried chicken & gravy, I was excited to see if I could manage to do it the traditional southern way since it had been so long since I had.  So what did I do?  Call my granny to review how to do it of course (She's the best fried chicken cook)!  I can say after a big mess in the kitchen, I managed to completely make from scratch fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy.  Jared actually suggested I make the gravy from a packet (trying to make dinner easier on me) and although I appreciated it, I swear I think this southern gal about fainted (not really, but I quickly explained to him that southern women do NOT get gravy out of a packet).  I was pretty happy with how it all turned out! 

5. Fall Transition
This weekend I'm going to complete our summer to fall transition in our house.  The changing of the seasons always gets me in full blown cleanout and organization mode!  The addition of the book above has even increased this desire.  I'm hoping by Monday our house is looking like fall, organized and cleaned out to start the new season!

Other posts this week:


Hope everyone has a great weekend!


I would love to have you as a follower on GFC or Bloglovin :)
I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @thepeacockroost
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock
Facebook: The Peacock Roost

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!
Life In Leggings
grab button for Coffee with Caitlin

31 comments:

  1. OH I love fried chicken and potatoes - now you just need to throw a waffle with it and it would be beyond perfection! I probably need that book on organization - I'll wait for your review first tho! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't make it very often but it's one of Jared's favorites! I'm almost finished with the book. Review to come soon!

      Delete
  2. We have an airshow this weekend and I'm hoping to get there. I find them so fun, especially the helicopters.

    Love your meal, so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A book all about organization? I am not sure I can resist that! I'll definitely have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I heard was organization and I was all in! I love to organize :)

      Delete
  4. I have heard a ton of great stuff about that organization book!! Everyone seems to be really enjoying it!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I love it! I'll post a review when I'm done!

      Delete
  5. I have heard so many good things about that book, but still am not sure how I feel about reading it myself. I can't wait to hear what your thoughts are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so far! I'll be sharing a review as soon as I'm finished with it!

      Delete
  6. That workout looks awesome! And I'm transitioning the decor in the house to fall too this weekend, it'll still be hot outside (which I love), but inside will smell and look like fall :)

    Happy Friday <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty fun!! I have decided no matter the weather it's officially fall in our house now too :)

      Delete
  7. A book about organizing - sign me up!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I felt about it! Love to organize!

      Delete
  8. I am so going to have to read that book! Organizing gives me a thrill too! :)) Hope you have a fun filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love to organize, you would love this book!

      Delete
  9. Your home cooked meal looks delicious!! Can't wait to see your fall transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see your review of that book- so far, I've heard that it has helped a lot of people! Also, I'm drooling over that friend chicken and mash potatoes...mmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be sharing a full review when I'm finished with it! It was so yummy!

      Delete
  11. That fried chicken looks soooo good! We have not been doing nearly enough cooking at home lately. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! We've been eating out so much this week, I have got to get back on track with cooking at home!

      Delete
  12. Chicken and gravy ... mmmmm!!!!! Sounds like a fun weekend in the works for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Way to keep with it - homemade gravy is the only way :) I think gravy is easy compared to the rest of it all - my husband is lucky to get fried chicken once a year at home. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! After all that work, homemade gravy isn't that much more and it tastes so much better!

      Delete
  14. That's one of my very favorite meals and it looks like you did a great job!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm that chicken looks amazing! And I can't wait to hear your review of Cize, might need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! I love CIZE so far! I'll share a full review of it when I'm done.

      Delete
  16. I've been thinking about ordering Cize, glad to hear you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really so fun! I can't believe how much of a workout it is!

      Delete