Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!!  Did this weekend fly by as fast as I feel like it did?  I can't believe it's Monday!  We've got a pretty busy week ahead in our house so I'm ready to get this Monday going :)

Friday, I took a 1/2 day off work so that we could work on our new house project.  Let's just say we were a little in over our heads.  We made some progress but have decided to hire someone to finish it!  Young homeowner lesson for sure.  We did have a yummy lunch at Chick Fil A before working on it though so that made it better :)

Friday night, we had a date night at the drive in.  So fun!  We saw Vacation which was hilarious!  The second movie was Trainwreck and we just couldn't get into that one so we ended up heading home early.

Saturday, Jared had to work so I spent most of my day transitioning our closets from spring & summer clothes to fall & winter.  I also cleaned out our closets for our neighborhood garage sale this weekend!  I pulled out everything that's too big now and am working on getting everything out of the closet that I don't wear too.  My new rule is if I don't like it enough to wear it this week and it's not meant for a special occasion, to the garage sale it goes!  I'm so over cluttered closets full of clothes I don't wear.  Are you cleaning out your closets for fall?  It really is so cleansing to get rid of stuff you don't use anyway!  Plus you can earn some extra cash to get a few new things you love!

My sweet in-laws also took me to lunch and hung out with me some on Saturday too!  It gets lonely when Jared's away on the weekends so I greatly appreciated it :) I also managed to spend some time with my grandparents that night which was fun as always!

Sunday, Jared had to work again for the air show downtown so the first part of the day Lauren and I took some new outfit photos for the blog!  Can't wait to share :)

Afterwards, we all headed down to the air show!




It was a fun time, just wish Jared could have hung out with us!

Sunday night was full of relaxing and prep for this week! 

Hope everyone has a great week!

I started a new Instagram account for all things blog related!  If you want to keep up with my outfit posts, recipes, favorite finds & more be sure to go follow my account @thepeacockroost!




Bella And The City 

I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

Instagram: @thepeacockroost
WW/Fitness Instagram: @kmpeacock_ww
Twitter: @kelseympeacock
Pinterest: @kmannpeacock
Facebook: The Peacock Roost

Enter your email on the right in the Follow By Email box and get an email update anytime I post on the blog!

Thanks for reading!!

39 comments:

  1. I love going to air show! Sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look so cute at the Air Show!! Any weekend that starts off with chick fil a is a winner in my book! I hope you have a magnificent Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chic fil a, drive in movie and air show? sounds like an awesome weekend! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect weekend!! Can't wait to see how the house project comes out! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it started out as a big project we decided we couldn't handle but once we called in professional help it turned out great! I'll be sharing pictures soon!

      Delete
  5. Chick Fil A makes anything better! That air show looks like such a fun time. The weather looks like it was perfect, totally jealous since it was rainy here! Happy Monday girl!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty great weekend! Yes, Chick Fil A is always great!

      Delete
  6. I miss America because of Chick Fil A, that was my go to place. We don't have one in the U.K, they really need to get the memo!
    Can't believe you didn't enjoy Trainwreck I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really need to get one there! I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I should give it another try!

      Delete
  7. Yay for kicking clothes that are too big to the curb!! I did a major purge before the youngest was born. I had way too many clothes and took a similar approach. If I haven't worn it in its past season, toss it! And the air show looks so fun! I would love to go to one someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cleansing getting rid of so much! I'm about to do another cleanout. The air show was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  8. You had an exciting weekend! Good luck with the garage sale!

    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garage sale turned out pretty great! I'm still pulling out more stuff to get rid of though!

      Delete
  9. Love us some Chick-fil-A! :) Looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had Chick fil A on Friday, too! It's crazy, but I just love their side salad! Sounds like you had a fun weekend...seeing you clean out your closet is making me want to do that right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their salads are great! I am still cleaning out closets, I've turned my project into a whole house purging & clean out lol!

      Delete
  11. I've always wanted to go to a drive-in movie! It just seems like such a fun date idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun! We're lucky to have a drive in about 20 minutes from our house!

      Delete
  12. You had a busy weekend too! I cleaned out my closet last weekend and got rid of so much stuff. I think I might actually sell some of it on Poshmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice getting rid of so much stuff! I've heard good things about Poshmark!

      Delete
  13. The airshow is SO fun! It was here a couple weeks ago and i LOVED watching!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a really great time! Glad you enjoyed it too!

      Delete
  14. I love purging way too much. There's something so satisfactory to have less clutter and more organization! Also, that Chick fil A made my mouth water..yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It feels so refreshing once everything is cleaned out!

      Delete
  15. We made the same mistake with house projects in the beginning too, can't wait to see how it all turns out. And how fun is that air show! Yep... and I'm now craving Chic Fil A ;-)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a lesson learned! I'm always craving chic fil a :)

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a fun weekend. I love those weekends where I get to spend it with family and friends. Stopping over from mingle monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Weekends spent with family and friends are always the best :)

      Delete
  17. Chick fil A is always a good idea! So yummy! I've been dying to go to a drive-in movie...we don't have any around my town, boo! Can't wait to see outfit pics! Have a great week! (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like such a fun weekend! We had Chick-Fil-A for dinner on Friday after an eventful week of home updates! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Chick fil a is such a treat after a busy day!

      Delete
  19. I want to see that Vacation movie. Ed Helms is so funny! Love the drive in too! Looks like you made great progress with your closet. That's on my to do list. Thanks for linking up again this week!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! I did make some progress but I have a lot more to go!

      Delete
  20. What a fun weekend (minus hubby working)! The drive in movie looks like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete