Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Apple Fest Weekend

My weekend recap is getting posted a little late this week!  Jared & I are both feeling under the weather and I spent any time not working yesterday laying on our couch :)

Apple Fest weekend is one of my favorites!  I've always loved fall & the Apple Fest and since we're coming up on our first anniversary on Sunday, this time of year brings back so many memories from this time last year!
Friday, I took a 1/2 day off to do some work for our personal business.  We went to check on one of the yards Jared had recently aerated & fertilized!  Look how green it is!  Our process & certified organic compost works SO well it's crazy!  See more about our personal business here!


Red & black plaid (school colors) for the football game!



Friday night we watched our old high school football game!  It was so chilly but we were able to catch up with friends & that's always fun!



Outfit for Saturday's Apple Fest!
Jeans (TJ Maxx)


Saturday, we ran some errands, watched the Louisville game & went to the Apple Fest!! 


Love my new Christmas sign for our front door!  I still get super excited about things with our last name or my new monogram on them!  After the fest, we took Jared's grandmother a funnel cake, my in-laws came to see our new table & bring us an anniversary gift and we settled in for a relaxing night at home!


Jared's sore throat was already starting so we ran out & got some yummy Orange Leaf  :)  I hate when either one of us is sick but froyo does make it better!


Sunday, I cleaned out closets & drawers most of the day, had lunch with my dad & stepmom and ended the night in some of my favorite comfy pajamas & visiting with my grandparents!  All in all it was a great weekend :)


I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

14 comments:

  1. Ah hope you feel better - i think I have the same thing!! Looks like you managed to fit a lot into the weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better soon - at least it's a good excuse for some Orange leaf. I just love your outfit from the apple fest and the sign you bought, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun weekend! Hope you both feel better soon *hugs* <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you and the Mr. are not feeling well. Drink some hot water with lemon and honey, it is very soothing and helps me every time I'm not feeling well. Sounds like you had a fun weekend though!! Your new Christmas sign is so cute and I have that exact same striped shirt!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well girl! Get some rest! Loving your outfit for Saturday's apple fest! SO cute and festive! You're making me want to break out my blanket scarf! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had sore throats all week over here too and finally broke down and got Coldstone last night - SO GOOD! Glad you had a fun weekend and hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are those booties comfortable? I keep looking at them and going back and forth between them or splurging at getting the TOMS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your pajamas are super cute! :) oh and that froyo looks SO good. man i want some froyo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your Saturday outfit. And now I wish I could have lactose again because that froyo looks amaazzzinnnggg!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh your apple fest outfit was TOO CUTE!!! …so cute i went to nordstrom and immediately ordered that adorable scarf…#sorrynotsorry. feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you both are feeling better! I love that Apple Fest outfit! Are those booties from Target comfy?
    And I am such a sucker for monograms and things with our names on them! It never gets old :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outfit for Apple Fest is so adorable! Love your new Christmas sign! Hope y'all feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that Christmas sign! And that striped shirt! So glad it was such a fun weekend. And I hope you are feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete