Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Book Review

Balancing It All - Candace Cameron Bure

I simply adore Candace Cameron Bure!  She's such an amazing role model for young Christian women!  I feel like if there's something all of us struggle with, it's finding balance in our everyday lives for everything and everyone we care about.  She does a great job of showing how she has found this balance in her life.  I wouldn't say there is groundbreaking information in this book, but it gave me a fresh perspective on balancing my priorities and I loved learning more about their family life!



Silver Girl - Elin Hilderbrand

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.  I could not put this book down!   This book is about a woman whose husband gets arrested for embezzling millions (think fictional  Bernie Madoff) and must dig into her memories to try to help uncover what really happened and clear her name.  Friendship, romance, relationships and life in general are huge themes in this book and I can't say enough good things about it.  Go read it!



Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude: Napoleon Hill & W. Clement Stone

We started a book club at work and this was our book for the month of September!  It was really dry in parts but had great advice on the importance of having a positive attitude and ways to make that happen in your everyday life.  I definitely found some good tips in this book!  It had great ideas for how to be more positive in each area of your life.



The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Marie Konto

Just call me the organization girl :)  I love to organize!  Drawers, schedules, budgets, you name it!  The title of this book drew me in and I knew I had to check it out at the library!  There are parts of the book that are a little odd to me (talking to your clothes & possessions...not happening in The Peacock Roost) but she really did have some great tips!  I was already cleaning out all the closets and storage in our house and this book gave me the boost to toss anything we don't use or doesn't bring joy and never look back!  If you need to get your mind in clean out mode, this book should do it for you! 

I'm currently reading The American Heiress & Dancing Through Life and will share my reviews of those in my next book review!  If anyone has read something great lately let me know so I can add it to my to read list!

Are you on Goodreads?  If so, let's connect!  See my profile here.




I love to hear any comments, tips or thoughts anyone likes to share so please comment below!

Also, follow me here to see more of our daily lives:

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, I love Candace Cameron Bure! And that Silver Girl sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books sound great! Thank you so much for sharing, I'll see if I can find them on the Kindle. I hope that you are having a great day so far too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Candace! And I have heard so much about that organizing book but just always wonder if it's worth the read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read some Elin Hilderbrand books. Need to pick one up!

    ReplyDelete