Monday, February 29, 2016

Louisville + Springsteen

Before I recap this past weekend, we're going back to the weekend before to recap our trip to Louisville!

I obtained my undergraduate degree from the University of Louisville and Jared is a huge Louisville sports fan so we go to Louisville several times each year!  Jared is also a big Bruce Springsteen fan so when we heard his tour was coming to Louisville we decided to add a weekend away this spring and go!  We saw him once before a few years back and he was AMAZING so we knew we didn't want to miss it!

We had a beautiful Saturday to drive into town!


We spent the early afternoon at a UofL baseball game!

With my sweet husband enjoying his first baseball game!

After the game, we had some time to kill before dinner so we decided to go walk around campus!  I had been back for one event since graduation but didn't have the opportunity to really check out all the new additions!

In front of the library (so many hours were spent there)!  In the Fall, I still sometimes miss a Starbucks cup and a good study session :)  (yes, I am a nerd who loves school!)
The Thinker.

So glad I was able to show this guy my old stomping grounds :)

My freshman dorm!  I can't believe it's been 9 years :/

Dinner was P.F. Chang's and it didn't disappoint!

Saturday, was a day spent relaxing & shopping until the concert!

Weekend getaways with this guy are one of my hands-down absolute favorite things :)

Ready for Bruce!



He was so good!!  For 67, he rocks like he's 27!

So. Much. Fun.


Before we headed back on Monday, I asked Jared to take me to Trader Joe's!  So many of the WW girls I follow on Instagram find so many low point options there and I wanted to go give it a try.  I'm going to post what I purchased and liked/disliked as soon as I finish trying all the things I found!

We stopped for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory before leaving town...

and enjoyed our cheesecake during a relaxing night of Blue Bloods when we got home :)

We had such a great time! 

Check back here tomorrow for my weekend recap of this past weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like such a great weekend. I need to head down to my alma mater to get a new look at the campus. Le sigh, crazy I've been out of school for 10 years. WOOHOO BLUE BLOODS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louisville is such a fun little city- what a great reason to go back to your old stomping grounds ;) I don't think I've been back to my college in at least 6 years, OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Cardinal Basketball! So awesome you got to travel back to U of L! What a beautiful campus! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine how fun that concert was!! Such a great weekend away! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip! Your old campus looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! I'm glad that you had fun. :-) Looking forward to hearing what you liked and didn't like from Trader Joe's too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've traveled to Louisville for work (and actually my hotel looked across the street at the KFC center.. or whatever it's official name is) it's such a fun city! I loved it. Looks like you guys had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Louisville is such a pretty city! Jealous that you got to see Bruce! Love his music!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, looks so fun!! I love weekend getaways with my husband too, just the best! Glad you two cuties had a nice time, yay for Bruce! ;-)

    ReplyDelete