Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend Recap

Good Morning lovelies!!  This weekend went by SOOOO fast, I cannot believe it's Monday AND February! 

We kicked off our weekend with a Friday night of takeout, popcorn & Blue Bloods!


Tunic (on sale and SO comfy!!)/Leggings

Saturday, we ran some errands and went to Evansville to do a little shopping!




First trip to The Fresh Market! To say I'm obsessed is an understatement.  We found so many great foods and cannot wait to go back regularly!



Saturday night Jared took me to Red Lobster!  It's one of my favorites & I love their Cajun chicken pasta.  It was a delicious meal (and totally worth some WW splurge points)! 

Side note on something weird.  I have totally developed a sudden disinterest in meat, especially chicken!  I ate a couple pieces of chicken from this pasta but mainly just ate noodles.  I don't know if my body just decided to be a vegetarian without consulting me or what but it's weird!   Any meal I ate this weekend I ate as little meat as possible.  I'm looking for some veggie meals or other protein sources I can eat when I just can't stomach the idea of chicken or beef.  Any ideas you all have would be greatly appreciated!  I was raised to be a meat eater so I have no idea how to handle this lol!



Doing some weekly planning :)

Pullover (similar)/Pants/Shoes (similar)

Jared had to work yesterday so I went to church with my family and then had a casual day just hanging out with them!  It was relaxing and much needed :)

For dinner, I made the fam Mix and Match Mama's Baked Queso Tacos.  They were a hit!



I bought this Christmas sugar cookie kit at Target in December but just ran out of time to make it so I decided to give it a try last night.  That dough did not ever form and it turned into the mealiest weirdest tasting cookie.  I don't think I will be buying a kit like that this year!



Hanging out on the couch after dinner!  (Excuse the renovation work starting in the background!) 


Hope everyone has a fabulous start to the week!



I ended the night by watching the first half of my DVR'd GREASE: Live!  Oh boy it's been amazing so far!  I may have had a sing-a-long party last night while watching ; )  Can't wait to finish it!  I watched this movie almost every day growing up and got chills watching it!  LOVE, love, love it :)


16 comments:

  1. Ohh all your food looks so yummy! And that tunic is so cute and comfy looking! Glad you had a great weekend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That taco picture...oh my gosh now i'm craving a taco. I love y'alls Friday night, that sounds absolutely perfect. As for recipes...try incorporating edamame if you can (great source of protein), beans/lentils, maybe a quinoa chili?? Also I love tofu so you can try thta too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have any red lobster's here and I miss those cheddar bay biscuits!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tacos looks amazing! Yum! Red Lobster sounds great, I am actually going there for a birthday lunch tomorrow. Good luck finding protein replacements...you will have to share if you make any new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such great things about the Grease Live event! I wish that I would have had the chance to watch it! And you can't go wrong with tacos any night of the week! The ones you made look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an amazing weekend!!! I go through random spurts where I get big aversions to chicken (unless it's fried lol) I just can't stand it so I've been trying to make meals that don't involve chicken. I'm dying to watch Grease Live - I heard it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother works on the show Blue Bloods, and I've been meaning to watch it because I hear it's great! Also, I thought that Vanessa Hudgens was an AMAZING Rizzo on Grease Live! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look up quinoa recipes!!!!!! It's such a great source of protein and you don't need any meat!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Friday night sounds like perfection! Still loving your planner, and I have about half of Grease still waiting for me on the DVR tonight. Can't wait! Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the food in this post! I want to make those baked queso tacos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your EC planner and that pasta looks delicious! I don't know too many options besides chicken or other meat but I have heard quinoa is a good source of protein!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just started watching Blue Bloods and it is SO GOOD! I'm embarrassed to say how many we've watched in the last week or so! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband took me into The Fresh Market for the first time recently as well. We've also visited Earth Fare which was pretty interesting (though, not quite as interesting as Fresh Market). I like Whole Foods and Trader Joes, too. I basically stop at 5 different places to do grocery shopping! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have no idea how I missed your post yesterday!! So sorry!! Anyway.. kind of strange about the meat thing. My hubby is allergic to beef so we eat a lot of chicken, turkey, pork, and bison. Sometimes I feel like I'm totally chickened out! Haha. Maybe your body is just craving something different? I'm glad that you had a nice weekend though!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Fresh Market. Their chocolate covered banana chips are addicting! I have Grease on my DVR, and I am hoping to watch it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like it was a great weekend. I watched Grease Live and thought it was great. The guy who played Danny is so hot!! I watched it just for him. haha

    ReplyDelete