Monday, February 15, 2016

Weekend Recap


Good morning!! I cannot believe it is already Monday again!  We had the best weekend and it went by way too fast :)

Our Valentine's Day celebrations started a little early when my sweet husband surprised me with the 50th Anniversary of Southern Living I wanted soooo bad!


Friday, Jared had to work so I stopped by Target after I got off work to pick up a few decorations for the weekend!

It was so cold that I grabbed some Starbucks to keep me warm while driving to my parents!

Yummy dinner at the local restaurant in their town! 
Saturday, we started the day off with some yummy treats & Chick-Fil-A for lunch!

While the birthday boy took a nap, I did a little decorating :)

Birthday cookie cake :)

Saturday, we headed to Evansville to do a little grocery shopping at The Fresh Market!

Exact Scarf (on major sale)

Love my Valentine!

We stopped by our favorite restaurant on the way home for our Valentine's dinner reservations.  SO good, as always!

Once we were home, it was time for cookie cake :)

My sweet husband knows I love chocolate covered strawberries and he bought the ingredients so we could make some together this weekend!  It was so thoughtful of him to want to make them instead of just buying me some!  I really appreciated that :)


We had a very relaxing night enjoying our sweet treats!


Sunday was officially birthday day!  We slept in and braved the snow to grab lunch at Fazoli's! 


The snow was so pretty!  We had a lazy day planned and the snow was the perfect finishing touch!
Comfy clothes to stay warm!

The birthday boy requested homemade mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese and vegetables for dinner!  I'm not that into meat right now anyway so it tasted delicious to me too! 

Side note: I made my first spaghetti squash last night too.  It was easy enough but I wasn't a huge fan!  It's a texture thing for me :(

We finished the night with more of our sweet treats & some of our favorite shows!

We had the best weekend celebrating Valentine's Day & Jared's birthday!  It was the perfect combination of good food, fun activities, relaxing and quality time together! Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's weekend!

17 comments:

  1. You guys are too precious! I love that he bought you the ingredients and that you made chocolate covered strawberries together, so fun! your food is making me very hungry and I am tickled pink you had a great Valentines weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband always gets a cookie cake for his birthday and then eats it in 1 day! Love the Happy Birthday Plate, i spied it in the target $ spot the other day and now i need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. all this food looks SO good!!! I'm STARVING so you're definitely not helping me either!! So glad birthday + V-day turned out so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a great weekend not only celebrating your husband's birthday, but also Valentine's Day! Those cookies look so delicious, and how fun that you got to decorate your own strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect weekend celebrating your hubby's birthday and Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun weekend celebrating two big things! Cookie cake is my absolute favorite--that cake wouldn't last long around my house haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a great weekend celebrating! I agree with you on the texture thing-I felt the exact same way about spaghetti squash, but those chocolate covered strawberries look divine! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING that dress on you, such a gorgeous color. And now I'm totally craving cookies! Glad you had such a fabulous celebration weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness all your food looks amazing, lady! Love a good cookie cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun (& yummy) weekend - which reminds me of the chocolate covered strawberries in my refrigerator I totally forgot were there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such an adorable blog! Looks like you had an awesome Valentine's Day! P.S. I love your outfit choices

    -Tori
    www.thesweetlifediaryofahealthnut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cookies look sooo good! Sounds like a fab weekend!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was seriously drooling over that pasta you posted this weekend! It looks so yummy! And any weekend involving cookies and Chick Fil A is a good weekend in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those chocolate covered strawberries look AMAZING! So sweet that you guys made them together, definitely adds a bit more to the gift. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That issue of Southern Living is so good and definitely a keeper. Looks like a wonderful weekend. How fun to have a Valentine's Day birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a fun weekend! That is really sweet that your husband bought the stuff to make chocolate covered strawberries and that he wanted to make them together. :-) That pasta from your Valentine's Day dinner looks really good too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now I think I am going to have to make chocolate covered strawberries. They look so good! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete