Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Weekend Recap

Happy Monday lovelies!!  We had an absolutely amazing Easter weekend and I can't believe it's already Monday! 

Friday morning, I hopped in the car with one of my road trip essentials and headed to Cincinnati!


New favorite tote (here)

Once I arrived, I spent a large part of the day shopping!  With my weight loss, I am running low on clothing options and needed to find a few pieces for Spring!  Some of my purchases: sunglasses, sunglasses,  work top (I purchased the green).  None of the rest are available online but I will share photos soon in case you want to find them in stores :)

Friday night was the real reason I went to Cincinnati!  Katlin (far left) is one of my best friends & is getting married this Fall.  Her bridesmaids sleepover was Friday night and we had a great time!  Good food, lots of laughs, and a movie!

Love this girl!
Saturday morning I headed home but made a quick stop at Trader Joe's!  They have some really good WW options so I like to stock up on those when I can :) 

Saturday afternoon, we relaxed & ran a few errands before date night!  Jared had to work the night before and I was out of town so we just wanted low key!  We, of course, went to our favorite restaurant!

Dressing for the weather right now is hard!  We're so back & forth on temperature so I'm doing a lot of layering!

Love this guy soooo much!

We finished off our night with cheesecake I picked up in Cincinnati & Sisters (SO funny)!

Easter!  What a beautiful day to celebrate our faith!  I love Easter and love the feelings of renewal and hope it brings to us as Christians.  A wonderful reminder that this world is just temporary and we're working towards an eternity in heaven thanks to a loving savior who paid the price of death on the cross for us! Jesus, who was without sin, died to take away our sin.  How powerful is his love for us!

Family.

Grandad Charles!  So thankful for him :)

Kiddos

Love this crazy bunch!

Remember when I said crazy?!
Second married Easter!  Married holidays are the best :)

Blessed bunnies :)
This year, we decided to have an adult easter egg hunt and it was SO fun!!

Waiting inside while the eggs were hidden!

Ready to hunt!



We had such a blast hunting for eggs and there are still a few missing!  My dad is super good at hiding eggs and is so creative with his hiding places! It makes it really fun :)

Love.

We spent the rest of the afternoon stopping by to see the in-laws, at the grocery, a phone call to my grandparents and curled up on the couch watching another movie (Chipwrecked....so funny & cute!) with a home cooked meal :)

This weekend was full of love, faith, family, friends, laughter, memories made and lots of good food.

 

17 comments:

  1. I love your Easter dress! The fit is flattering & the color is fun & springy! I didn't do an Easter recap today & I'm regretting it after seeing everyone's fun post! I may do one tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! I love seeing everyone's family easter photos with all the bright colors! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect Easter weekend! So much family and fun- love the adult Easter egg hunt, I need to start that tradition in my fam! :) Your dress is so pretty, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Easter dress is so flattering! Love it!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Easter dress and shopping for new clothes because of weight loss is always amazing!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you are looking fantastic!! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had the best time with family and friends this year! That's so exciting that all of the bridesmaids got together for a slumber party with the bride!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Food, family and faith is definitely a perfect Easter weekend! That's fun you all did an adult egg hunt, too. I'm going to have to remember that next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all those flowers! Trader Joe's is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous of your trip to Cincy this weekend! I miss my hometown so much! You definitely made me want to take a trip to Trader Joe's for some flowers. And that mac and cheese... dying!! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  11. A bridesmaid sleepover?! Sounds like so much fun! Oh how I love Trader Joes, and that dress you wore on Easter is fabulous! Such a pretty color <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so awesome that your family was able to get together. I'm also super excited for you that none of your clothes fit because of weight loss. Ahhh that has to be such a great feeling! You look great in your dress by the way!! Happy late Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's exciting to get new clothes! Love your Easter dress!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and picked up some lavender roses. They always make me think of my wedding. :-) I absolutely LOVE your Easter dress and you look fantastic! A bridesmaid sleepover sounds so fun too!! :-) I love what Easter is all about too. I had not been to church since Ash Wednesday and it felt great to be back there. I'm really going to try and go every Sunday now. Anyway... thanks for sharing and I hope that your week is going well so far! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun! I love that you had an adult egg hunt - we had one this year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun Easter weekend!! Love y'alls Easter outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Easter dress. The cut is great and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete