Saturday, March 12, 2016

Fitness Update

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

It's Saturday, which means it's time for a Fitness Update!  I don't weigh in for the first time since getting back on the bandwagon until Wednesday so hoping to report a good loss next weekend :)

Fitness
Last week, I talked about signing up for the Pure Barre Pure Madness Challenge.  The challenge is doing 20 Pure Barre classes in 31 days.  I took class 10 this morning and 6 of those were this week so I'm pretty proud of myself :)  I go every morning at 5:30 through the week and then at least once on the weekend.  It's really hard to roll out of bed at 4:45 but I feel so good after getting my workout in and can feel my body changing already so it's totally worth it!  I also used to have a terrible time getting to sleep on work nights (I'm a night owl) and now I'm so tired it's hard to stay up past 9:30.

Food

I've been concentrating on staying within my Weight Watchers points each day and trying to motivate myself to keep making good choices to see good results.  Sometimes it's really hard but the more days in a row that I stay on track, the easier it is to keep going!
A major victory for me was this week when my husband wanted our favorite Japanese takeout.  I wanted hibachi steak & fried rice SO bad.  However, I knew that it would use up a bunch of points and that I would regret it when I ate the leftovers the next day for lunch to screw up two days.  Instead of giving in to my craving, I ate soup and salad from the restaurant for 3 smart points and then cooked 7 Trader Joe's chicken potstickers for 6 smart points to go with it!  So many fewer points, I was perfectly full and not feeling guilty after eating, AND I had a few points leftover that I got to use for popcorn!!

One of my favorite things to throw together for lunch/dinner right now is taco salads. I cook nacho chicken in the crockpot that we use for dinner one night and then I can make lots more meals off of it!  These are quick & easy to make, low in points and don't make me feel like I'm eating "diet food."  
Also, I'm trying to read more health/fitness related magazines, books & articles.  The more I make learning about health and fitness a part of my life the more I love working on those things!

Since I've lost weight, very few clothes fit so I'm having to get creative in my closet to make things work until I hit my goal weight!  I feel so much more confident in my clothes but having so few options keeps me motivated to get to my goal so I can find lots of cute new things to wear :)   20 pounds to go!! It's going to take work but it's totally worth it!

One of my favorite things about Weight Watchers is that I can stay on track and have extra points left for splurge meals!  I was able to have a yummy breakfast date with my husband this morning (note: I did not eat all of this!) and know that because I've stayed very much on track and kept up with my workouts that I don't have to feel guilty and will still see progress!

5 comments:

  1. Taco salads are my favorite! So easy, so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GREAT in that picture!! Good for you for doing this, and you are doing great too!! Clearly great is my word for today haha. SELF magazine is also good if you are looking for another option. Thank you for sharing your update and that taco salad looks delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking awesome gurlie, keep up the great work! Love love love barre classes, and am still in awe of your dedication so early each morning :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to be on the journey with you! And can't wait to see everything when you finally finish the 20 more pounds! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete