Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday lovelies!! Hope everyone had a great weekend :)  Ours went by wayyyy too fast but I'm excited for the week ahead!

Before recapping our weekend, did you catch my fitness update post on Saturday?  I'm going to do weekly updates on my Pure Barre & Weight Watchers progress on Saturdays! 

Now, on to the weekend:

I started Friday morning off with a good workout at the Barre :)

Friday night was date night!! We went to one of our favorite restaurants and I had the buffalo chicken mac & cheese which you all have seen me post about before!  So yummy & one of my favorite cheat meals :)  After dinner, we watched a movie (Sicario) and it was pretty good but very violent!


Saturday morning, I threw on my workout clothes!
Got in my LTB for the day :)

After Pure Barre, I headed off to vote in the KY Republican Caucus!  I could not believe the crowd.  It took me a little over an hour to park, wait in line & vote but it was totally worth it!  This was the first caucus in my lifetime and I don't know that we'll have another one so I didn't want to miss it. 

I truly hope that when it's your state's turn that you get out and vote!! I had an older gentleman stop me and ask if I was with my parents or grandparents and when I told him I was alone, he was beyond complimentary and thanked me for making an effort to go.  I had so many good conversations waiting to vote and met wonderful people!  Please don't forget that a lot of the older people you see when you are out voting fought for our right to vote and be free or are related to someone who did.  Have the respect for them to get out and exercise those rights!! It really is the least we can do to thank them for defending that right for us.
After doing my civic duty, I headed out to hang door hangers for our business.  Two hours & 13,000 steps later, I finished up in that neighborhood.  Between that and my morning workout, I was wiped out!  I cleaned up and relaxed for a while before having dinner with my parents and hitting the bed early!


Sunday started off with a church service with our family :)  This is without a doubt one of my favorite parts of each week!

After church, we decided to get a little shooting practice in!

Love these three so much!
Thankful my guy was off work so we could spend the pretty day together :)

We made a Target run Sunday afternoon and I found this adorable Easter banner!  I didn't want to do a bunch of Easter decorating but this added the perfect touch to our mantle.

After dinner Sunday night, we splurged with some Orange Leaf while we watched Burnt!  The movie was good & the froyo was even better!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! That Easter banner is so cute and that frozen yogurt looks delicious. I also really liked your story about the older gentleman at the caucus. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness that buffalo chicken mac & cheese looks so good and is making my mouth water!! 13,000 steps is SO good! You go girl!! It sounds like y'all had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know about that movie - we've had it on our radar for a few weeks now! That mac and cheese looks amazing!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mac and cheese looks amazing and this totally has me missing pure barre!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat to participate in a caucus! Love that it's easy to go about your day post pure-barre (lots of ladies at the 6am class change and go directly to work). Post Pure Barre Platform, not so much...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buffalo mac and cheese?! Yes please! And yay for more barre workouts :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that mac and cheese looks SO good! If you're going to have a cheat meal that should be it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good and productive weekend!! Now you've got me craving froyo though!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the LTB! You go girl! And that mac & cheese looks delicious! And I totally agree with voting! It's SO important! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you talked about how important it is to vote! Looks like you had a pretty active weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a fun weekend!! Every time I see you post about barre classes I always have the urge to try it out!! And that Mac and Cheese looks delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that banner is so cute. Love me some froyo!

    ReplyDelete