Monday, April 25, 2016

Fitness Update

Hi!  I originally planned on posting this on Saturday but life happened :)  I won't be doing a weekend recap this week because I didn't take a ton of pictures and the ones I did, I don't really want to share (seeing another blogger's issues with someone stealing their photos is making me more cautious at what I want to share). 

We had a fun weekend though!  We helped my brother with a project, had an impromptu drive-in date night (SO much fun) where we watched The Boss which was really funny, Jared worked yesterday so I went to church and worked outside with my family & had dinner with some family friends! 

FOOD

Fresh fruit :)  My favorite WW snack because it's 0 points!  Fruit in between meals helps me with not getting hungry and grabbing something I shouldn't!


My Strawberry Protein Smoothies are making all the difference in my weight loss journey!  See how I make them here.
One of my go-to lunches this week was a turkey sandwich (3 smart points with just turkey & pickles), bbq baked lays (4 smart points for a serving) and this day I threw in a cheese wedge since I had extra points!  I've noticed that if I pack my lunch and eat at my desk before I run home or run errands on lunch, I eat so much less!  Plus I can use the time I normally would be eating to get more done on my lunch break :)

FITNESS

I'm still doing Pure Barre 3-4 times a week and am also adding in evening walks a few days and some CIZE starting this week!  I'm trying to change it up to cover cardio & strength training without doing the same thing every day. 

This week's results...
I was super happy to see a pound come off!  When I first started this journey, bigger drops happened so it was discouraging when those amounts weren't as big each week.  I remind myself that I have a lot less to lose at this point and I'm going to have to work harder to get smaller numbers!  It all adds up in the end :)

I definitely splurged too much this weekend so I'm getting completely back on track today!  My stomach feels so cruddy today and I know it's because I ate some things I shouldn't this weekend.  It's just not worth feeling that way, which is why I try not to do that when I can avoid it!

10 comments:

  1. I've started making smoothies for breakfast and I'm loving it!! A pound in a week is great!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! It will definitely add up in the end! And just because you aren't loosing pounds doesn't mean you aren't loosing inches. Last year when I was working out non-stop for our wedding I would get so discouraged when the number on the scale didn't go down as much as I wanted it to, but then when I realized I could fit into pants I used to not even be able to button it made me feel so much better!! So you keep on rocking!! The drive in sounds so fun! I can't wait to go to the drive in close to our house soon!! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you girl! Keep going! :)

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job!!!! And funny you mention pickles, I haven't had them in forever and was eyeing them in your photo! MMM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up lady. You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just reminded me that we're out of pickles haha. Anyway!! You are doing a great job!! I do cardio 3 days a week and one day of strength training/weights. Definitely good to switch things up though so that it doesn't get too boring. I am glad that you had a nice weekend and I hope that you have a great day today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're keeping after it and seeing/feeling success!! I love Cize--it's one of my favorite reasons to work out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the weightless! Keep it up!
    Happy Monday!
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing great girl, keep up the good work! I wish I had more self control when it came to food! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go girl with the self-control and working out! Seriously, I need your motivation asap!! Packing a lunch is such a great way to monitor portions (also an area I need to work on). Cheers to seeing result :)

    ReplyDelete