Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Strawberry Protein Smoothie

As you all know, I've been on a health & fitness journey since last July!  I post weekly fitness updates here on Saturday's where I post about my workouts, favorite meals, tips, progress, etc. if you want to keep up with those!

One of the biggest things that has helped me in this journey is increasing my protein at breakfast with these smoothies!  I normally drink one of these and snack on a few pieces of microwave bacon at my desk in the morning.  This fuels me up with so much protein and has really helped me control my choices the rest of the day!  I decided to share the recipe with you in case you're looking for a healthy filling breakfast option!  Side note: if you suffer with stomach issues like I do, I have found that drinking my breakfast instead of introducing solid foods first thing in the morning has really helped with that too!


Ingredients:
Handful of fresh spinach
6-8 strawberries
1 scoop protein powder
3/4 C water (more if the consistency is too thick for you but this does create more foam)

I throw everything in the blender and blend it until smooth!  I use this blender and LOVE it!  It's only $16.99 and I've been using mine for like 4 years now instead of our full size one.  I love it because it's easy to get out in the mornings and clean up, PLUS it makes the perfect amount of smoothie to fit in a full size Tervis tumbler!


This is the whey protein I use!  I find it at Kroger.

If you use the new Weight Watchers smart points system, this is 3 points!!


Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! My husband drinks a smoothie every morning--try adding in some vanilla greek yogurt to add in more protein.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you found something that works for you in the morning! What kind of stomach issues do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good! And I'm glad that it's something that you like and are seeing it working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you taste the spinach in this? I'm not a spinach fan lol but if you can't taste it then I'm sure I could do it!

    ReplyDelete