Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!! I'm so pumped the weekend is finally here!  This has been a trying week in more ways than one.  I felt at times I was living out Alexander's terrible horrible no good very bad day (finding a piece of a plate that shattered in my mouth when I bit into it from my taco salad at lunch yesterday was the cherry on top) but I've been working to keep it in perspective this week.  When it seems like everything is going wrong or not the way we want it's easy to be down or irritable.  I'm trying to get in a habit of counting my blessings when this happens!  I'm healthy, have a great husband & family, great job & business, a Lord that forgives me daily and so much more!  I'm leaving this week behind at 5 today and am ready to enjoy the weekend with my sweet husband :)

Now, on to my favorites this week!



We've had a few cool days this week but are seeing some warm weather and signs of Spring!  Hoping for even better weather this weekend!



The other day I shared my cooking essentials and dream kitchen inspiration and wish list!  See that post here.
 


I started binge watching OTH this week!  I forgot how much I loved this show!!





 
Did you catch my post on the Simple Steps to a Spring-Ready Bedroom?  Find several ways to freshen up your bedroom this season!
 
 


Be sure to enter my giveaway for this fun pineapple apron & kitchen towels!  I'm loving the pineapple trend this year :)



a Rafflecopter giveaway




See you back here tomorrow for a Fitness Update!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

grab button for Bright on a Budget

13 comments:

  1. I am a OTH addict too! I always joke that I can tell you what season is on based on Nathan's hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had such a rough week gurlie, sending *hugs*! But yay for the weekend and binge watching old shows! Now I want to break out The O.C. <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE One Tree Hill!! I started it for the fist time ever in May of last year and watched the 10 seasons straight and am seriously so obsessed hahah
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I'm with you on the rough week thing! When it rains, it pours. Thank goodness that it's finally the weekend and that you've got some OTH binge watching to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few other people have mentioned watching OTH again and I think I might start too! I so feel ya on the week - the Earth must be on a weird tilt lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great perspective! :) I'm trying to keep a positive one too, even when work and other things get me down- I know we really are SO blessed and fortunate for this life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your week ends better!!!! Sorry you had such a rough week! OTH is one of my favorites! I always binge watch it when my husband goes out of town lol. Oh girl! I am LOVING pineapples this season, everything is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, those weeks are the worst! Hope you have an amazing weekend that makes up for the tough week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a great weekend after the long week. Sometime it can be super hard to keep things in perspective, but it sounds like you are doing so well! OTH was one of my favorites. One of the producer/writers is from my hometown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally obsessed with OTH too! I watched it last year and have been binge watching Gilmore Girls lately.

    Hope you have a great weekend! Stopping over from the linkup - hop over to my blog too!
    www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. One tree hill is the best!!! I started it again recently. You just can't go wrong with it. Hope you and the hubby have a great weekend together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU BIT INTO A PIECE OF A BROKEN PLATE IN YOUR TACO?! You poor thing. I would've been horrified. I did, however, enjoy your children's book reference because that book was one of my favorites when I was younger. I hope that you had a good weekend, and here's to hoping for a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you on this week, too! Not my favorite. Great tips about the perspective though! Love that pineapple towel! Hope your weekend made up for the icky week! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete