Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Just Keep Shining


If you're a small business owner or blogger like me, I'm sure you've faced your fair share of criticism of what you're doing.  I get asked all the time why we started our own company, why I blog, or even get strange looks when people find out that we are doing either of the above.

I have talked to so many other women who are encountering the same reactions from some when they share the passions they are pursuing or the businesses they are trying to run.  This used to make me so angry (to be honest it still does sometimes but I'm working on it). 

We have received SO much support for our organic lawn care company & I have many great readers of my blog, but the support from these great people only dulls but doesn't erase the sting of any criticism.  I've always heard an old saying about how if people aren't criticizing you, you aren't dreaming boldly enough.  I think that is so true!! If other people do not find you a little bit crazy, dream bigger! 

We are all on our own paths trying to find success in the business world, our families and our communities.  It takes so much courage and bravery to start a new business, put a dream out there and work so hard to make it successful!  Why do we not support those people as much as we can instead of criticizing their dreams?  I think it's because we spend too much time comparing ourselves and our life paths to others. 

I, for one, am just trying to live my own life and find my own path to success!  My husband and I started our company because it's something we feel passionate about.  I blog because I love the blogging community and cherish the friendships I have found there, I love sharing and finding ways to make life easier and because it's a fun and creative outlet after being in the office all day!

Just remember that if you are building something from the ground up, you are going to encounter those who support you, those who don't and some who cheer for you to win and some who cheer for you to fail.  Keep working, keep pursuing what you want to achieve and work as if you have everyone's support.  One day we'll look back and remember that the hard times were worth every moment and will get to reap the rewards of our hard work.  In the mean time, we just have to be willing to put our sunglasses on and just keep shining!



 

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! Keep doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post, you are right people criticize ambition which is so sad. It's admirable you have your own business, keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Don't let anyone steal your joy for doing something that you love to do, or are passionate about. People really need to focus on themselves and what makes them happy, instead of putting their views and whatnot on everyone else and what they think they "should" be doing. If you're happy, that makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys got this! Adapting this from RHONJ - haters going to hate, but you just gotta love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed this post today. THANK YOU. So perfectly put and said. Keep on dreamin', girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post girl!! I think it's amazing that you guys are creating and working well with your business! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an inspiration and I LOVE your blog! Great post, lady!!!! Keep following your dreams and being a boss lady, you totally rock at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! We are to quick to criticize and to compare ourselves to others. We need to just be happy for everyone's success! xx Rox-Anne, Celebratingthislife.ca

    ReplyDelete