Wednesday, September 7, 2016

DIY Fall Pumpkin Arrangement





Fall décor is starting to make an appearance in The Peacock Roost & we love it!!  One of the easiest ways to add a little festive holiday décor to your home is with a simple floral arrangement.  I wanted to give you all a couple of ways to do this so today I'm sharing how to make this super simple DIY arrangement.


To begin, you will need this foam pumpkin & gourd mix, a clear vase and some floral inserts.  I purchased all of the above at Hobby Lobby.  (All of their fall stuff is already 40% off so it's a great time to go snag these items and throw a cute arrangement together!!)

These are the floral fillers I used.  I'm obsessed with that wooden pumpkin!

This box of pumpkins, leaves and gourds is a perfect filler!  It adds more color to your arrangement and who doesn't love another excuse to have pumpkins around?!

I opened the box and poured all but a few pumpkins into the vase.  I like to leave a few out to place after the flowers are in there because you can place them around the flowers to better hold things in the place you are wanting.  After putting the base in, I start with the tallest pieces of my arrangement first and start placing those from the back to the front.  Once everything is in the vase, I move things around until I have the look I'm going for.


The ribbon tied around this vase is actually the one that came around the pumpkin fillers that I repurposed to add to the arrangement! 

You can easily put this arrangement together in less than 5 minutes and it is a great addition to any of your living areas to add a touch of fall!  What do you think?  Do you like adding arrangements like this to your house for the fall season?

13 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's time for pumpkins!!! Your arrangement turned out beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darn precious! I love it! I always have tried to decorate, and it never works out lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!! So cute and looks very easy to make! Thanks for sharing this, I need to get to Hobby Lobby very soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, it's so beautiful!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty and I like the way you've arranged everything. I don't think I would be very good at that! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job!! Love those fall colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love this for fall!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a great job girl!! I love the colors!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love!! This seriously looks so good and perfect for fall! Love how you have all sorts of different things in there and not just 1 type of flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete