Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!! I'm so thankful it's finally the weekend.   We are on week two of this crud going around and I literally cannot.stop.coughing.  Ugh!   Hoping to finally get over it this weekend with some relaxing!

Before we head into the weekend, let's talk some favorites:

 
I love plaid and I definitely feel like I should have been a cowgirl or lived in Texas so I'm totally obsessed with this dress & these booties.  This outfit is a steal and perfect for fall!


I've been working on putting out our fall decor & putting together our fall dining table and I'm in LOVE.  A full post to come on that soon but here's a sneak peek of some the goodies I'm using.  I'm obsessed with the appetizer plates from the Target dollar bin!




I most definitely meet every other basic girl qualification but I have to confess...I do not like the PSL. I'm going to try one again this year just to make sure but I'm pretty sure I still don't!  Granted I'm not much of a coffee drinker.  Give me all the hot chocolate & hot tea though!  I do love pumpkin bread, pie, muffins & anything pumpkin scented - just not in my drinks!



So....YouTube!  I've decided to give it a try.   Here's a sneak peek of something I filmed last week & will be sharing soon!  Are you on YouTube?  Any tips or tricks I could use?  I have so much to learn but I'm super excited to connect with you all via video so I can show you more about how I decorate, make our recipes, etc.


Last but not least, Happy Birthday to my baby brother!! Okay, so he's not a baby (seriously, insert me in the fetal position today over the fact that he's 23) but he will always be my baby brother!  I am so thankful God blessed with me an instant best friend who I'm so close to.  We literally talk every day if not multiple times, hang out all the time and we may pick on each other but let somebody else try and they'll run into a lion.  We protect each other fiercely and always have each other's back.  I'm so proud of the man he's becoming and love that we live close & can share all our life experiences together!  I try to make him more organized, loved to do his homework with him and give him sisterly advice.  He challenges me to be a better person & Christian, always has my best interest at heart and always makes me know how much he cares.  It has been a really rough summer and he has been there for me 1000% and is just the best :)  So excited to celebrate him this weekend!


Hope you all have the best weekend!  We have some fun stuff planned but are definitely going to be chilling a lot because we have got to stop coughing!!! See you back here on Monday :)

Other Posts This Week:
 









grab button for Bright on a Budget

18 comments:

  1. Haha finally someone else who doesn't like Pumpkin Spice Lattes! I'm like you. I tried it again just to make sure I didn't like it. I love that plaid dress, so cute! I've made a couple videos for youtube to remember some of our travels and vacations. I have them on my page if you want to check them out. I use iMovie to make my movies and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that plaid dress - LOVE! And girllll it's so nice to hear someone else say they don't like the PSL's. I honestly think they taste like cigarettes - yuck! Give me a salted caramel or chai tea latte any day! Hope you feel better soon *hugs* <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that dress! we can definitely forgive you for not liking PSLs. More for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am Ada. Glad I found your awesome blog. I love love that plaid dress. It is perfect for Fall and how you styled it. And I am not a fan of the PSL either. I have drank it once and thought it was just OK. But I am willing to try it once more lol.

    I welcome you to stop by my blog as well. I run a linkup on Thursdays. Come join my recent Thursday Moda linkup and share your gorgeous style with my readers, pretty lady! Thanks.

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/09/thursday-moda-28-with-my-sister-in-law.html


    Have a great weekend! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and love it! I also don't like pumpkin spice lattes, and I am a Texas gal so I definitely need that plaid dress! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good Lord, ME TOO! I have been sick this week and my cough is killing me! That's all I've thought about this morning. And I used to like the PSL, but last year I got one and it was too sweet and made my stomach hurt so I doubt I'll be buying one this year. I do like pumpkin flavored stuff though. And yes, you should be in Texas! You'd fit right in :) Love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I just realized a few days ago that my longtime friend has never ever had coffee. So I'm as shocked by your dislike of PSL as I would have been before haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the same boat as you... I might try one more PSL just to make sure, but I don't remember being impressed the last time I ordered one. Also, I love the wall color in your house. I'm looking at doing a little repainting, do you happen to remember what color it is? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dress. So perfect for fall. I can't wait to see your youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that dress!! I didn't warm up to PSL's until about two years ago, my mom has always loved them, but I had to acquire the taste. What are you sharing on YouTube?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moment of truth. I can't do pumpkin spice lattes either. So not my thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the plaid dress on you with the booties! You look great!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that plaid dress and those booties! I have tried PSL's a few times. I tried them with only one pump of the syrup and it tasted better, but I still don't really like them. Pumpkin and coffee just taste yucky to me. But baked goods that are pumpkin are delicious! I love your fall decor too, so cute. I'll also check out your youtube video when you post it. I hope that you are feeling better and have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still obsessed with that plaid dress! I'm definitely going to have to look for it! Can't wait to watch your youtube video!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving all of the fall decor--I can't wait to get mine out this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG those table settings from the Target $1 bin? If that isn't the find of the year, I don't know what is. CAN'T wait to see your post on it!

    - Dara || www.peoniesandhoneybees.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with you! I don't like Pumpkin Spice Lattes either!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have yet to try a PSL, but I am not a coffee fan either. Like you, I LOVE hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete