Tuesday, November 29, 2016

2016 Thanksgiving Weekend




I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!!  We had a great holiday and then spent 3 days working like crazy to get our house ready for Christmas.  We're hosting our first holiday event this weekend so everything needed to be decorated, organized and wrapped so that the house would be in order.  It was a whirlwind but we're almost finished!

I'm so thankful for this family of mine.  It has been a great year and a hard one at times too but I'm so thankful that I can always count on these four. 


My favorite turkey!





Family time!



We play games at all of our family holidays and this year my cousin Stacy brought Pie in the Face!  SO.MUCH.FUN.  I got pied on the first spin lol!


These three refused to play and when we finally convinced them...


Not one of them got pied!!! What a crock!   These two little turkeys loved watching & playing with us!


After all that fun, we headed over to Jared's parents to watch the Cowboys game with his dad!  Thankful for another Cowboys victory (10-1 is a good place to be)!


While all the crazies were out shopping the next day, we were putting up Christmas lights!  It was a lot of work but Jared did such a good job! 


Working hard even after dark!  Can't wait to show you all how it turned out in a separate post soon!


On Sunday, my brother was baptized at church!  My brother has been my hero, best friend and partner in crime my whole life and I'm so thankful that I can now call him my official brother in Christ as well. 



Proud big sister!

After church, we had a belated birthday lunch for me and I chose the Pizza Hut buffet :)   I don't let myself indulge in it very often but it sounded good and it was the birthday girl's choice!



My beautiful Granny!


Grandad snuck out to the car before we could get a picture with him!


Thankful.


These lovely ladies joined us too!  My cousin Kennedy, Dyl's girlfriend Lauren and my Aunt Lavonda.  She cracks me up!


Grandad might have gotten out of the restaurant picture but I still snagged one when we went to their house after!

I played the piano for years and spent countless hours practicing with my grandmother on her piano.  She decided to go ahead and give it to me so my guys were awesome and moved it to our house for me after lunch.


Love having a family heirloom in our house now :)  I'll show a final photo of how we decorated the piano for Christmas in my Christmas Home Décor post coming soon!

I'll be recapping our Texas trip the rest of the week and then will dive into Christmas everything next week!  I've got my hands full finishing the décor, completing my wrapping and meal prepping for this weekend so if you need me this week look for the scratched hands from all the trees and garland, the blur running by in the grocery store or Hobby Lobby or the elf by the Christmas tree in the wee hours watching Hallmark and wrapping away :)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! So awesome your brother got baptized - so special! I can totally relate to scratched hands. When my mom and I took the lights off my tree, my hands hurt so bad that night and the next day! Hope Day 2 is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing weekend! So happy for your brother! And we played Pie Face too and it was so much fun!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie in the face game looks like so much fun - I need to get it for our next holiday! SO glad you had a great thanksgiving girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your family on your brother's baptism, such a special time! And lol at the pie in the face game - so cute!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Thanksgiving!! Can't wait to see your decorations! Love that you got that piano - so special and sweet of your grandma to give it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great weekend! And wow what a cool baptismal pool at your church!

    ReplyDelete