Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Opryland Christmas



One of our favorite Christmas traditions is our annual trip to Opryland!  This year we were under some time constraints due to work, our trip to Texas etc. so we reduced our trip from a long weekend to one night.  We will definitely be going for a longer trip again next year but it was nice to sneak away for a night and enjoy all the Christmas fun!


We left after I got off work that Monday and drove straight to Nashville for dinner.  Sadly, one of our favorite places turned out to be a terrible meal but we were still excited to move on to checking out the Christmas décor!


I love this Nativity outside of the hotel.  It's so beautiful and I love standing there and listening to the Christmas story.




It was a cold but beautiful night outside checking out the lights!


Huge & gorgeous tree inside the hotel.  There are trees everywhere and decorations throughout all the atriums and along the riverboat ride inside.  We love walking around and looking at it all!


Christmas fun with this guy is always my favorite :)


The next morning we grabbed breakfast & headed to ICE!  This year's theme was Rudolph and it did not disappoint.



It always amazes me what they can carve out of ice and I love walking through and reading the stories and seeing the ICE décor to match each part.


Every year, this Nativity scene is at the end and each ICE figurine lights up during their corresponding part of the Christmas story and it is so beautiful. 

After ICE, we did a little shopping and headed home.  It was a quick trip down and back but we were able to do our two favorite activities and spend some much needed time away together.  If you get a chance, I highly recommend a Christmas visit to the Gaylord Opryland.  It is so gorgeous and you can spend hours just walking around the hotel!

We are already planning & looking forward to our trip next year!

3 comments:

  1. I am loving that nativity scene. And that Christmas tree is beautiful. So glad you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! The Opryland is decorated so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE the Opryland hotel! I think the last time I saw it decorated for Christmas was like 5 years ago- I'm due to go back ;) That nativity scene at the end is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete