Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Favorites



Happy Friday!! It's so hard to believe it's already time for our first Friday Favorites of 2017!

This year has gotten off to a VERY busy start!  Between house projects, starting a new workout routine, our regular jobs and getting our personal businesses moving again in the new year, it has been a whirlwind!! Hope you all have had a great first week of the new year!


My first favorite this week is this coat!  I bought this on our Opryland Christmas trip and am in LOVE!  If you need a good winter coat, this one is on sale and so cute & warm.  I love that it's longer so when I bend over in it I don't get cold air up my back (please tell me y'all know what I'm talking about.  So. Annoying.) and I love the belt because it accents my waist and doesn't make me look like a big marshmallow! 


As I mentioned, I started a new workout routine this year and am loving it!  I started the 21 day fix on Monday and so far so good!  I love the workouts because they're only 30 minutes and I do them in the living room so I really have no excuse not to get them done.  Stay tuned for a results post!  You can see my 2017 goals post here and sticking to this plan is definitely on the list!





On Monday, we had the day off and we are SO tired of eating out from the holiday season.  Tired of eating processed food & tired of spending so much money on it.  Anyone else?  Not to mention I am working on getting in better shape and need to stick to the 21 day fix meal plan as much as possible.

We used to do freezer & crockpot meals all the time and it's amazing how much less we spent and how much healthier we were.  I spent all day Monday making up 22 freezer & crockpot meals and packaging up chicken & ground beef to use for other meals. 

Tip: brown 5 lbs. or more of ground beef at a time and freeze each pound in a quart freezer bag.  When you're ready to cook spaghetti, tacos, etc., you can just pull the cooked meat out, defrost it and then get to cooking.  This saves SO MUCH TIME and isn't that something we all need? 

I'm thinking about doing a YouTube video on how I meal plan & make all of these.  Anyone interested?




I am not a breakfast girl.  I like it on the weekends every once in a while or as a treat on vacation but I really just don't like to eat a bunch of food first thing in the morning.  I'm also running around the house like a crazy person in the mornings trying to get to work and never have time to make breakfast.  When I started the 21 day fix, I decided to give the Shakeology drinks a try and guys, I'm hooked.  It's kind of pricey but it breaks down to like $4 a day which is less than most people spend on Starbucks.  I'm loving it because I can just blend it up on my way out the door in the morning.  This is making me less crazy and less hungry.  Definitely a favorite this week!!

Other favorites:
- All our tv shows are coming back on! Yay!
- The energy the new year brings that keeps me cleaning out drawers, accomplishing all those "another day" projects & more.
- My first Doterra essential oils order came in!  Stay tuned for a video about that!
- Looking forward to the weekend with my husband!
- I made up a new recipe this week.  Two words: taco lasagna.  Holy yum!  Y'all are going to love this recipe!  I can't wait to share :)  It's healthy, filling & doesn't taste healthy at all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Kelsey! I adore your new coat!! So beautiful! I'm with you in being over the eating out and processed foods of the holidays! We're hosting one last Christmas event this weekend, then I look forward to eating (& feeling) much better! If you decide to film and share, I'd love to see a video about your meal planning and prep! Wishing you all the best with your new workout and a fresh new year of wellness ahead! :)
    xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great favorites, too. We got some snow yesterday and while it wasn't much, I still was so excited! That coat looks so cute on you - love the addition of the belt. I definitely think a meal plan/freezer meal video would be perfect. I know I would watch. Hope you have the best day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! These are all great favorites. I love your cute coat. We are home with a snow day yet but haven't seen the first snowflake. We are hoping to have a chance to put on our coats and walk around in the snow this afternoon/evening. We are totally doing meal planning this year and I wish I had a big enough Freezer to make that many meals at once. It sounds amazing! I'm hopping over from the Friday Favorites link up! :)
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that coat! I've done the 21 day fix a few times and had great results. I still drink my shakeology shakes every morning, after 1.5 yrs I can't give them up! It's just too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BB! It's the only thing that I've found that has worked for me and that I don't get bored with. Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that jacket on you gurlie, and YES to all the crockpot meals. I don't know what I'd do without it! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Planner! And I need to look into this 21 Day Fix. It's totally reasonable to do 30 minutes at home. I can do that. Getting to the gym just ain't going to happen. Love the coat! And I never thought of browning the meat and freezing. That would save so much time. Bring on the video!!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That new coat looks fabulous on you! Love it! Can't wait to hear your 21 day results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That coat is adorable! Best of luck on your journey to get fit (my favorite thing to do!!!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That jacket is so cute! And I'm with you on breakfast but I LOVE brunch. I'm weird, I know haha! And taco lasagne?! Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That coat is so flattering on you!! Love it!! Yay for getting back in the swing of things!! I was doing so well until I got sick... But it's back to the gym tomorrow for sure! That's awesome that you've got your meals so well organized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm excited to see your 21 day fix results! And yay for all of the tv shows coming back on!!! I can't believe we missed each other in Nashville...would have been so fun to meet up!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your jacket is so cute - after this year my current one is going to need to be replaced and I love yours!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you for doing 21 Day Fix!! My sister did this and dropped all her baby weight (we laugh that she dropped an entire other sister of weight - so it worked!). Seriously impressed with all the freezer meals - I concur, eating out is a fast way to spend money, eeeks! Are you still doing Pure Barre?

    ReplyDelete