On Monday, we had the day off and we are SO tired of eating out from the holiday season. Tired of eating processed food & tired of spending so much money on it. Anyone else? Not to mention I am working on getting in better shape and need to stick to the 21 day fix meal plan as much as possible.
We used to do freezer & crockpot meals all the time and it's amazing how much less we spent and how much healthier we were. I spent all day Monday making up 22 freezer & crockpot meals and packaging up chicken & ground beef to use for other meals.
Tip: brown 5 lbs. or more of ground beef at a time and freeze each pound in a quart freezer bag. When you're ready to cook spaghetti, tacos, etc., you can just pull the cooked meat out, defrost it and then get to cooking. This saves SO MUCH TIME and isn't that something we all need?
I'm thinking about doing a YouTube video on how I meal plan & make all of these. Anyone interested?
I am not a breakfast girl. I like it on the weekends every once in a while or as a treat on vacation but I really just don't like to eat a bunch of food first thing in the morning. I'm also running around the house like a crazy person in the mornings trying to get to work and never have time to make breakfast. When I started the 21 day fix, I decided to give the Shakeology drinks a try and guys, I'm hooked. It's kind of pricey but it breaks down to like $4 a day which is less than most people spend on Starbucks. I'm loving it because I can just blend it up on my way out the door in the morning. This is making me less crazy and less hungry. Definitely a favorite this week!!
- All our tv shows are coming back on! Yay!
- The energy the new year brings that keeps me cleaning out drawers, accomplishing all those "another day" projects & more.
- My first Doterra essential oils order came in! Stay tuned for a video about that!
- Looking forward to the weekend with my husband!
- I made up a new recipe this week. Two words: taco lasagna. Holy yum! Y'all are going to love this recipe! I can't wait to share :) It's healthy, filling & doesn't taste healthy at all.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!