Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Favorites



Happy Friday!!

Due to some technical difficulties, this blog post is going up a little late!  Either way, I'm pumped it's the weekend but before it starts I have several great favorites to share with you!


Y'all I'm not a big proponent of splurging very often but if you like robes and cozy things and soft, plush comfort then this is made for you!  I have been living in this robe when I've been at home this week.  It keeps me warm, it's cute and it makes me feel like I'm constantly curled up in the softest blanket.  Treat yourself and get one or buy one as the perfect gift.




I started a new workout challenge group on Monday!  I'm doing the 21 day fix workouts every day and just trying to eat as clean as possible.  I'm not perfect though!  I drink Shakeology every day and just try to stick to the eating plan as much as I can.  I'm loving it so far!  Have you ever tried the fix?




Told y'all I was living in this robe.  I filmed a video on my 5 minute makeup routine the other day and as soon as I was done, the robe was back!  Be sure to subscribe to my channel and stay tuned for the video!  (In the meantime, check out my video on the Doterra essential oil kit I ordered for our house!) 

 Please let me know what other kinds of videos you want to see too!  My goal is to start posting at least one a week and I need to know what you all want to see!

Cooking Tips, Freezer Meals, Recipes, Home Tours, Closet Clean-outs, Fashion, Beauty/Makeup, Fitness, Travel, Budget, Shopping, Home Tips????  All suggestions on topics/content are very appreciated!


I'm still obsessed with this winter coat.  If you need one I highly recommend grabbing this one while it is on sale.  It's amazing!


My favorite snack right now! It's hard for me to get my protein containers in on the fix so I started eating peanuts with my apple in the afternoon and this might be my new favorite thing I eat all day.  It's the perfect mix of salty & sweet!

BLOGGER HELP

I am considering a move to WordPress and have some questions for those of you who have either done it or who thought about it and didn't do it.

1. Was it worth it?  Did you see your traffic increase?  Are the SEO plug ins as great as they claim to be?
2. Did you lose followers since your blog wouldn't be in the blogger reading list feed anymore?
3. Have you found it easy to use?
4.  If you did it, who do you recommend for design/templates?

Make sure you saw my other two posts this week!  Read about why I ordered a Doterra kit for our house here and see some of my favorite work wear on sale right now here!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!  See you back here on Monday!



13 comments:

  1. I would love to understand freezer meals more in detail! Also, I don't have Wordpress, nor will I claim to know really anything about it but I will say, I don't comment as much because it's so much more difficult than with blogger. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED that robe. I love feeling all comfy and cozy at home. And I'm always freezing so that would help! I have thought about Wordpress and even a few years back used it for a bit. It may have been because I was so familiar with blogger, but I had the hardest time getting comfortable with it. I struggled with organizing and template changes. I'm sure it has more to offer but I didn't have the time to spend learning a whole new platform. I would love to hear your responses though!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be living in that robe too. It looks super comfy! I'm no help with Wordpress, I'm still a blogger girl. It's just an opinion but I find blogs with a Wordpress platform a little more confusing visually (I'm sure it depends on their design too). To each their own, and I know they both have some great qualities. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in need of a great robe so thank you for sharing that!! I dont have anything cozy like that! Hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your robe sounds fantastic!! Glad it's keeping you comfy & cozy this winter! Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend ahead! xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I switched to Blogger and felt like I lost alot of traffic. My goal for the year is to really sit down and dive back into tools to increase traffic etc. Commenting helps people know you're there though :)

    Jess @ Red White & Sass

    ReplyDelete
  7. That robe looks super cozy!! A comfy and cozy robe is super important in my book too haha. Your winter coat is super cute too. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use Wordpress and I really like the abundance of plugins that are available. There are lots of SEO plugins that can help you optimize your posts to increase traffic. I'd be interested in hearing how the 21 day fix goes for you. I know some of my girlfriends have had great results with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great snack idea! I'd love to see a post about what you ate during the 21 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I operate on Word Press and I'll be honest every blog that I love for read and enjoy following is on blogger and I wonder if I made a bad choice. I have a free template because I didn't want to pay when I started, now a year later I'm looking into changing design. I've had good luck with the different plugins. That maybe doesn't help! Ha. I guess I'm saying there's a learning curve and it has tons of potential so if you want to learn then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That robe looks awesome! I might have to add it to my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that robe! I want to switch to WP too, but it looks so intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good robe is totally worth it! That looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete